cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem rotating camera stream

emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm using android-kitkat BSP (with libcamera2 and kernel 3.0.35) and is having problem rotating the camera stream in IPU.

When I set v4l2 control V4L2_CID_MXC_ROT to V4L2_MXC_ROTATE_90_RIGHT (which sets IPU_ROTATE_90_RIGHT), nothing happens to the frame output.

I've also tried doing the rotation after the camera frame is received from v4l2, using IPU (by following example ipu-examples/rot_ex1.c at master · rogeriorps/ipu-examples · GitHub)) but only rotation that works is flipping it.

Should be possible to rotate a 2592x1944 camera image in IPU 90 degrees?

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil

2592x1944 rotation is not supported by IC IPU due to 1024 size limitation,

so one needs to split image on smaller areas and rotate them, after that combine

to whole image.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

I thought the kernel IPU3 driver already did this?

Best regards,

Emil

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil

no, it does not work with images above 1024.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

OK, but according to this post, i.MX6 IPU and rotating a frame buffer 1024 is only the limitation of the IPU and the kernel driver will create a split task to do the work, which is the opposite of what you just said, that is why I'm confused.

Best regards,

Emil

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil

you can try patch given on post by

Jerome Pouiller 23.07.2015 8:51

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos