PHYflex imx6q with yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHYflex imx6q with yocto

Selea
Senior Contributor I

Does anybody use yocto with phyflex imx6?

which MACHINE could be closest one to start from?

thanks

Omar Pighi

21 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Omar

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Omar

It looks like your issue had been resolved. Should we close this DI? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

We are working on it.

Other then create a yocto layer. WE are working to add the supprto for plyflex imx6 on the 3.10.17.

the step to do are: writing the dts file and add some driver non currently present in the kernel revision (audio chip tlv320aic 3007 and regulator chip da9063).

still work in progress. ANy contribution and help will be appreciated.

Omar

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is dtsi file for mx6 phytec phyflex board on recent kernel:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phyte...

In this version there is audio and regulator support available.

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

FabioEstevam, could you keep following this thread please?

Thanks,

Yixing

Selea
Senior Contributor I

Thanks...

Omar

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

well not easy to do... the kernel version differ quite a bit.. so a lot of undefine etc etc to solve...

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

Phytec on its forum said that they will release the kernel 3.10.17 (based on freescale one) next friday.

I still working on it because i still have some errors in regulator.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Omar

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

still working on it, not solved yet...

Omar

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Omar

If you have any progress please put it here, or need help please reply with your issue.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

now i worked to use Yocto with phyflexIMX6q. We are able to compile kernel 3.10.17 (I made dts file) and distro, and it is working with phyflex imx6Q on a own made carrier board.

what is missing:

1) USB host and OTG (used directly from internal PHY as on sabdreSD without any external HUB chip), is not working due to something not correctly configurated on enable of power supply (the enable is always off), I'm sure that it is not hardware issue beause if I use the 3.0,35 kernel from phytec the USB is working fine on the same hardware.

2) I'm trying to use sensor on mipi interface (ov5640 mipi) and it is working, but when I try to use a sensor on the 2nd parallel interface (CSI1 that should go to ipu2) , it find the sensor it regiter the V4L2 dev but when i try to read from that dev (/dev/video2) it always says read timeout error...so something is missing in configuration of IPU/CSI ????

I attach here the DTS files I made .. thanks for any help.

Omar

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try checking the regulators node. In the dtsi files from mainline they are active low:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phyte...

On yours they are active high. I don't have the schematics to tell what is the correct.

I would suggest you to do the same as in the mainline version.

If it still does not work, I would suggest contacting Phytec.

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

I fixed USB H1 was the configuration of IOMUX GPIO_0 in DTS file...

now i go on with USB OTG....

then parallel sensor on CSI1 IPU2

then audio and regulator...

i can do it!

;-)

Omar

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

on the schematics of the phyflex the GPIO go to a gate of a mos so they have to be high to activate the mos , the mos drain goes then low activating the VPUpower... so active high should be right. the problem is that the gpio doesn't go high....

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

dts files I made

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

that verions is anyway corerctly "patched" as the kernel ported by freescale (i mean the official 3.10.17_ga)?

Omar

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

I can answer "no" to my previous question, so I could use it as reference to port the missing driver in the 3.10.17_ga kernel from freescale...

right?

0 Kudos

Selea
Senior Contributor I

thanks, i will look at it!!!!

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

till_klocke
Contributor I

I would be interested in yocto support for the Phytec phyFLEX imx6 as well. A special layer for Phytec boards would be nice. Is there any progress on this subject?

0 Kudos