cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SD Card activity

Jump to solution
johnbaczewski
Contributor I

We have a new custom iMx.6 design.  I'm able to JTAG using Segger J-Link emulator but when I try to use SD card there is no activity (probing SD clk, cmd, data shows no activity).

This is with Boot Mode 10.  I can read SRC Boot Mode Register 1 (SRC_SBMR1) via JTAG and the 32-bits boot mode bits are as expected (0x7E3B2940)

I changed Boot Mode to 00 (boot from eFuse).  I read the same register again and the bits are as expected, all 0's.

When I use Boot Mode 00 then I observe SD Card (clk, cmd, data), however, Boot Mode 00 is Serial Download.  Since Serial Download, it does not load from SD Card.

Any suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.

What else should I look at?  My standard approach is Power, Reset, Clock and Boot Settings.  As best I can tell, all of them are ok.

John B.

UPDATE

32-bit boot mode bits were changed from 0x7E3B 2940  to 0x7E3B 2840 and now we observe SD card activity.

However, the iMx6 Dual Lite does not respond to the data.  The exact card with standard content boots on the SABRE board.

I see no activity on our Console port (I even probe the rx, tx lines).  We're mapped to the same port as the SABRE board.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi john

reason that SD card is not booting on new board is that for

new board one needs to run ddr test and rebuild image with new

ddr configuration settings (changing them in uboot dcd header)

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.20

more SD interface test can be done with baremetal SDK (drivers/usdhc)

(one can run it with jtag)

i.MX6 Platform SDK 1.1 Release

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi john

reason that SD card is not booting on new board is that for

new board one needs to run ddr test and rebuild image with new

ddr configuration settings (changing them in uboot dcd header)

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.20

more SD interface test can be done with baremetal SDK (drivers/usdhc)

(one can run it with jtag)

i.MX6 Platform SDK 1.1 Release

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos