cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone / audio recording support on i.MX8 QuadMax MEK

mustafa_ozcelik
Contributor I

Hello all,

I've been using i.MX8 QuadMax MEK in an infotainment-related project for a while now. I am trying to implement HFP-based telephony application which requires a mic on board. However, mic does not seem to work at all for me on our i.MX8.

To capture the audio, simply I use:

arecord -f dat -d 10 -D hw:0,1 test.wav

To play the audio, I use:

aplay -f dat test.wav

Following is the list of sound devices:

root@imx8qmmek: ~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: wm8960audio [wm8960-audio], device 0: HiFi wm8960-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: wm8960audio [wm8960-audio], device 1: HiFi-ASRC-FE (*) []
card 1: imxaudiohdmi [imx-audio-hdmi], device 0: imx8 hdmi snd-soc-dummy-dai-0 []

Steps to reproduce/debug the problem:

• Different mics are used (Philips, JBL) -> no audio
  • When JBL's mic button is pressed, playback has some noise at the times I press the button, no sound still
  • iMX Linux Release Note states that WM8962 is for record and playback for i.MX8 QuadMax -> However, with the fsl-imx-wayland distro, we get the firmware for wm8960 I think.
  • In iMX Linux Reference Manual (Sect 7.1.5.1. and following sections), there seems to be information to activate microphone/audio recording in other boards such as i.MX6 / i.MX7, but there is no information for i.MX8.
  • I tried the section for i.MX7, which also has wm8960, but it did not work.

It would be a great help if I could understand if i.MX8 really supports microphone through its J15  MP-MIC connector, with the latest available fsl-imx-wayland BSP with Linux version 4.9.51.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Note; I'm willing to post more logs upon your request
Greetings

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

xcyhere
Contributor I

您好:

我目前在使用i.MX8MMQ,项目中也没有使用WM8524,使用的是WM8988,出现了只能playback,无法arecord,请问你遇到过吗?能否提供下思路呢?

谢谢!

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately the i.MX8X Quad Max, has not been release yet,  so the silicon revision it is still having changes, also the BSP, so we are not able to provide support at this moment, please contact directly your local FAE or sales regarding this topic.

0 Kudos