显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Mainline Kernel V4 for iMX28

跳至解决方案
1,505 次查看
michaelkoelbl
Contributor III

We want to change from Freescale's 2.6 kernel to Mainline kernel. As now V4.x is available my question: Has anyone successfully got a V4 kernel running? Is there an instruction available? Or should we use V3.x instead?

We have a custom board based on the EVK.

标签 (1)
1 解答
1,298 次查看
jörg_krause
Contributor III

We're using U-Boot version 2015.01 - but 2015.04 is also appropriate.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数
1,298 次查看
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hello Michael,

the current mainline kernel support most of the features in Freescale 2.6.35 downstream kernel.

I suggest to use the Linux 4.1 because it will get longterm support in the near future.

In case you want to migrate from the old downstream kernel, you will need to build a new BSP for the custom board based on Device Tree.

Since your design bases on EVK you could copy arch/arm/boot/dts/imx28-evk.dts and modify it.

Regards

Stefan

0 项奖励
回复
1,298 次查看
jörg_krause
Contributor III

Without any difficulties we have a custom i.MX28 board running with Linux Kernel 4.0.x. The Freescalers are very active in developing the mainline Kernel :smileyhappy:

1,298 次查看
michaelkoelbl
Contributor III

Hello Jörg,

can you tell me which bootloader (and which version) you're using?

Thanks from Bavaria

0 项奖励
回复
1,299 次查看
jörg_krause
Contributor III

We're using U-Boot version 2015.01 - but 2015.04 is also appropriate.

0 项奖励
回复
1,298 次查看
michaelkoelbl
Contributor III

Hello Jörg,

our problems result from using an old/wrong bootloader as we made there some changes due to our requirements. So to all who want porting to a newer 3.x/4.x kernel the advice take the appropriate bootloader.

0 项奖励
回复