MR1 value for DDR3 calibration on imx6qp

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR1 value for DDR3 calibration on imx6qp

prathamrahate
Contributor III

What should be the MR1 value for DDR3 calibration and stress test for imx6qp??

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratham

it is memory chip parameter and usually equal 4 as commented on

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.60 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

prathamrahate
Contributor III

Thanks Igor. I am using MT41K1G16 from micron in custom hardware using only one chipselect.

So it should be 0x04 for this chip also ??

Thanks,

Prathamesh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratham

yes. MR1 meaning one can know from ddr datasheet.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

tkl
Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same question as the topic creator. I looked through the datasheet and in the linked topic but I couldn't find any explanation why a value of 0x04 is correct. Could you explain this?

0 Kudos

johnrigby
Contributor I

If you look at the ddr register programming aid spreadsheet you will see how the MRn registers are written to MDSCR. The top 16 bits contain the desired MRn values and the bottom are the command and address of which MR register to write. In the example I am looking at the 32 bit value is 0x00048031 the 0x0004 is the MR1 value and the bottom bits are 3 for load mode register and 1 for MR1. So long story short the 0x4 is the right value.

0 Kudos