LCD-controller on i.mx233

Jump to solution
koene
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to enable the LCD-controller on the I.MX233 with:

display: 3.5 " QVGA(320x240) 18bps RGB666

I've found the right bit settings and all,

But I haven't found where to edit these..

I'm working with the yocto project with OE-core

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanx,

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which OS are you using? We have some application notes talk about how to add the LCD driver in BSP. Hope this information can help you.

AN4041 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX31 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information, considerations, and the procedure to add or adapt a new Liquid...
AN3974 : Different Display Configurations on i.MX35 Linux PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides information, considerations and steps to add or adapt a new display panel to the...
AN3978 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX35 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides information, considerations and steps in order to add or adapt a new panel to the Board...
AN3977 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX25 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information and the procedure to add or adapt a new Liquid Crystal...
AN4182 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX31 Linux PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information, considerations, and procedures to add or adapt new Liquid...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which OS are you using? We have some application notes talk about how to add the LCD driver in BSP. Hope this information can help you.

AN4041 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX31 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information, considerations, and the procedure to add or adapt a new Liquid...
AN3974 : Different Display Configurations on i.MX35 Linux PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides information, considerations and steps to add or adapt a new display panel to the...
AN3978 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX35 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides information, considerations and steps in order to add or adapt a new panel to the Board...
AN3977 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX25 WinCE PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information and the procedure to add or adapt a new Liquid Crystal...
AN4182 : Different Display Configurations on the i.MX31 Linux PDK (pdf)  Favorite
This application note provides the necessary information, considerations, and procedures to add or adapt new Liquid...

0 Kudos
koene
Contributor I

I'm working with Linux OS on 2.6.35 kernel.

Buidling target: olinuxino-imx233-maxi.

But I'll have a look. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

For starting point on LCD customization on i.MX233 under Linux BSP, check mx23_linux.pdf in Linux documentation package. In Chapter 10 you have description of base of the driver, which is a starting point when you start to customize it for a slightly different display.

0 Kudos
koene
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, mx23_linux.pdf looks helpfull.

But I cannot seem to locate the LCDIF Driver Files described in chapter 10.

Can I acces these files in another way?

0 Kudos