Imx6ul board bring up files and booting issue with yocto.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6ul board bring up files and booting issue with yocto.

manojl045
Contributor I

hi im working on imx6ul board using yacto. the thing is when i coped ccimx6ulstarter-installer in to Root folder with fat32 configuration. after this configuration inserted sd card in my board but unable to see anything in terminal and i can see RX led is blinking when i press any key on my keyboard. i'm not able to see the board booting also. please help to get out of this.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To bring up the board you need to load u-boot prior to Linux.
I mean that boot ROM code of the processor loads u-boot from some media and then u-boot loads Linux kernel.
If you are using some stadnard boadd you can use u-boot from its binary demo files.
For example here you can get u-boot-imx6ulevk_sd.imx file for i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit board:
https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/i.mx-developer-resources/...
When the board is running u-boot you can see some diagnostic output in terminal.
And finally you can load Linux kernel using u-boot.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos