cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx53 image rolling (tvp5147m1)

Ananth
Contributor III

Hi all,

We have ported tvp5147m1 from the reference code provided adv7180.c. We are facing image rolling issue using mxc_v4l2_tvin.out.

I was able to fix this problem by programming drivers/media/video/mxc/capture/mxc_v4l2_capture.c .active_top =13 to .active_top = 3. And i was able to view the video in a good form using

mxc_v4l2_tvin.out -ow 720 -oh 480 -ol 20 -f UYVY

But this fix have consistency issue. some time image will be split streaming video start at some other offset (without rolling). Say in the image bottom half portion streaming at the top.

Thanks and regards,

Ananth.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Ananth
Contributor III

Hi James Puckett,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes my input video is INTERLACED (which is confirmed finding the register programmed)

csi_param.clk_mode = IPU_CSI_CLK_MODE_CCIR656_INTERLACED; // for interlaced video (sampled based on bt565 embedded mode i guess)

csi_param.clk_mode = IPU_CSI_CLK_MODE_GATED_CLK; // sampled based on signals i guess (In this my video color format get interchanged, so i did not proceed further in this mode).

csi_param.clk_mode = IPU_CSI_CLK_MODE_CCIR656_PROGRESSIVE; // input video will be progressive

---> commenting mxc_v4l2_tvin.c there's a VIDIOC_S_FMT ioctl() causes following info message from driver. But video looks fine (still able to see mentioned issue of shifting of image and rolling of image with .active_top be not programmed as 3)

video4linux video16: Bypassing IC

ipu_csi_set_window_pos() function

Yes, you are right, this active_top changes be implemented through this function, so i can able to change my window rolling effects using S_CROP function from my application itself.

(attached application is modified from the original mxc_v4l2_tvin.c)

I have following Queries

1. From decoder i have FLD signal (field detect signal). Currently it is connected to gpio. How this can be used ?

2. From the Timing diagram of TVP5147m1 (page no 26 of 108) fld signal indicates after 3 lines of valid HS. Is this any thing related to our current facing problem ?

3.  FYI by default this rolling effect not seen PAL standard video from tvp5147 and only seen in NTSC format video from the decoder (so is there any thing i need to with Table 2-36. VSYNC Start Line Register of tvp5147m1 (page 50 of 108)).

Expecting more response, Advance thanks for posting reply to these queries.

Thanks and regards,

Ananth.

0 Kudos

jpuckett
Contributor III

Ananth,

Is your capture device outputting interlaced video?  It looks like the mxc_v4l2_tvin app is assuming that the input is interlaced.  In v4l_output_setup() in mxc_v4l2_tvin.c there's a VIDIOC_S_FMT ioctl() call that sets either the V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED_TB or V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED_BT fields.  Try not setting either of these and see what happens.

As to the image rolling problem, I'm not sure why it's happening but I've seen something similar and it looks like it has to do with the ipu_csi_set_window_pos() function.  When the top argument to this function is not 13 I also see rolling video.  At this point I haven't tracked down the significance of 13.

0 Kudos