Audio In/Out API iMX53QSB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio In/Out API iMX53QSB

JimElliott
Contributor I

Hello all, this is my first post here, so please take it easy on me :)

Before I begin I just want to start by saying that this is the first time I've ever tried to program an embedded device outside of a simple 8bit PIC using assembly. I do have C programming experience but it is all been middle-ware, network, web, and database type stuff.

So, now that that is out of the way. I would like to write a C/C++ program that grabs audio from the Audio In (microphone) port, processes that data, and then sends it back out the Audio Out (headphones) port. How do I go about doing that - specifically the hardware Audio In/Out part? Is there an API associated with that? How do I address those ports?

And in case it wasn't clear by the 'Discussion Title' I am using the iMX53QSB with whatever version of Ubuntu that ships with newest boards....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JimElliott
Contributor I

Thank you so much for the response. I'm going to take a look at that link this weekend.

0 Kudos

KursadOney
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think your best bet is to use the ALSA API. Here is a quick howto document with code examples. You can also check out /proc/asound/ (or use alsa utilities) to find out the audio devices discovered in your system.

0 Kudos