表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

IMXRT SDRAM Booting Method

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,270件の閲覧回数
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III

Hello

I'm a developer using  IMX RT1020 EVK  board.

I created a project to do SDRAM-boot using ROM-Bootloader.
The default project uses lwip-ip4_ipv6_echo_freertos SDK Sample.

The Step is below,.. 

1. Modify code from [ fsl_flexspi_nor_boot.c ] in the xip folder

Seongyon_Jeong_1-1703749200448.png

Seongyon_Jeong_2-1703749233140.png

2. Project Properties -> From Managed Linker Script.
   Check the Plain load image & select BOARD_SDRAM to automatically create the build linker script

3. Uncheck the Managed Linker Script

4. From Debug Directory,  [ evkmimxrt1020_lwip_ipv4_ipv6_echo_freertos_Debug.ld ] Modification

Seongyon_Jeong_3-1703749347641.png

Seongyon_Jeong_4-1703749394605.png

5. start-up folder start-up_mimxrt1021.c code modification

Seongyon_Jeong_5-1703749495667.png

and build , Flash programming.

Finally ,    This project  could not  do Boot  

What is the problem ????  Please Check this project (evkmimxrt1020_xxxxx.zip)

But. With Same sequece,   attached project (RAMBOOT_exam.zip) is  Successfully SDRAM Working !!

Seongyon_Jeong_0-1703751504740.png

What is the difference..  ?? What do I omit   ??

Please check this 2 projects,   and      How can I do SDRAM boot   by this method ?  

Please someone,  help me.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
1,173件の閲覧回数
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Seongyon_Jeong 

Many thanks for your patience, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Yes, I meant to check the  hex to check the contents of the FCFB, DCD, IVT and boot header. Besides the Reference manual, we have this  NXP: MCU Tech Minutes: Boot Options for i.MX RT Crossover MCUs, which ilustrates basic image boot structures, referenced in the user manual.

I have made the attached document in the past. It is using the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool. It  may be of help.  There is a User guide for the SPT see MCUXSPTUG.

Best regards, 

Diego

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)
1,213件の閲覧回数
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III

evkmimxrt1020_lwip_ipv4_ipv6_echo_freertos.zip, build fail ?

I check that project,   build error is from just  lwip/doc  files,  after deleting  lwip/doc  or excluding this  from building ,  build is ok. 

anyway,   you mean,

==> axf image -> binary image , and then  check   image  region of flash block info, IVT, DCD ?

but , What point do I have to check  from.  hex data  ? ,,   Is there any guide or reference doc  about   booting sequence and data - IVT, DCD  regions   and  *.ld  info. ?? 

and,

I  already have seen the  document (i.mx rt - HOW to boot to SDRAM) , but [ MCU boot utility ]  is hard to understand,  Is there any good manual of  [ MCU boot  utility ]   like as  [ MCUXpresso IDE guide manual ] ?

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,174件の閲覧回数
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Seongyon_Jeong 

Many thanks for your patience, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Yes, I meant to check the  hex to check the contents of the FCFB, DCD, IVT and boot header. Besides the Reference manual, we have this  NXP: MCU Tech Minutes: Boot Options for i.MX RT Crossover MCUs, which ilustrates basic image boot structures, referenced in the user manual.

I have made the attached document in the past. It is using the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool. It  may be of help.  There is a User guide for the SPT see MCUXSPTUG.

Best regards, 

Diego

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,161件の閲覧回数
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III
Thanks for your answer . I have so many things to do these days, anyway, After checking your guide and then, If I have more detailed questions, I will post another question on the bulletin board
sincerely Thanks!. .
1,233件の閲覧回数
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Seongyon_Jeong 

I hope that you are doing well! 

I ran the RAMBOOT_exam project you have, it can get succesfully loaded into SDRAM also debugged. I can not compile your application. 

I saw that your app  is a client and the RAMBOOT_exam project is a server, apparently.  I would suggest you to generate the binaries of boot images, then, check if there is anything missing on your app image with regards to the flash configuration block, IVT and DCD areas. 

I have not seen the process for RAMBOOT documented by us. But if you want to simply generate a bootable SDRAM application you can follow this post made by one of my collegues:   I.MX RT - How to boot to SDRAM. The difference with this article and your procedure, is that we rely on the MCU boot utility to generate a complete bootable image. Then the image gets loaded using serial downloader mode. If you are in a hurry you can follow this process.

All the best, 

Diego

0 件の賞賛
返信