Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6S spread spectrum for PLL2 PFD[0:2]

Jump to solution
kanoumamoru
Contributor III

Hi,

As my understanding PLL2 (system PLL) 528Mhz only supports the spread spectrum in i.MX6S.

Does the PLL2_PFDs (PFD0=352MHz, PFD1=594MHz, PFD2=396MHz) also should support the spread spectrum ?

PLL2_PFD is deriverd form PLL2 according to following formula.

PLL2_PFD =  PLL2 * (18/N)

(N is from 12 to 35)

According to additional PLL2_PFD, the function of the spread spectrum fades away ?

Regards,

Kanou

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mamoru

>As my understanding PLL2 (system PLL) 528Mhz only supports the spread spectrum in i.MX6S.

Correct.

>Does the PLL2_PFDs (PFD0=352MHz, PFD1=594MHz, PFD2=396MHz) also should support the spread spectrum ?

Yes, since they are sourced from PLL2. Description can be found in

EB790 Configuration of Phase Fractional Dividers

>According to additional PLL2_PFD, the function of the spread spectrum fades away ?

Yes if you are speaking about absolute value.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mamoru

>As my understanding PLL2 (system PLL) 528Mhz only supports the spread spectrum in i.MX6S.

Correct.

>Does the PLL2_PFDs (PFD0=352MHz, PFD1=594MHz, PFD2=396MHz) also should support the spread spectrum ?

Yes, since they are sourced from PLL2. Description can be found in

EB790 Configuration of Phase Fractional Dividers

>According to additional PLL2_PFD, the function of the spread spectrum fades away ?

Yes if you are speaking about absolute value.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos