cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 uboot package error

Jump to solution
jasonl
Contributor II

I am trying to compile the Colibri IMX6 Yocto Linux project from morty branch upstream but having trouble with the u-boot-toradex 2016.11. I am trying to build the rpm package. The error message is:

ERROR: u-boot-toradex-2016.11-2.7.3-gitrf0e4149 do_package_write_rpm: Function failed: BUILDSPEC (log file is located at /home/yangjiel/morty-test/build/tmp/work/colibri_imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-toradex/2016.11-2.7.3-gitrf0e4149/temp/log.do_package_write_rpm.21361)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/yangjiel/morty-test/build/tmp/work/colibri_imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-toradex/2016.11-2.7.3-gitrf0e4149/temp/log.do_package_write_rpm.21361
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc
| DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_package_write_rpm
| DEBUG: Executing python function read_subpackage_metadata
| DEBUG: Python function read_subpackage_metadata finished
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 400 tasks of which 399 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

It is fine while building as ipk package. I want to know is it possible to build with rpm package?

Thank you,

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jasonl
Contributor II

The problem is the dash character in PR is not legal for rpm. Modify the PR in u-boot-toradex_2016.11.bbappend can address the problem. Also, the solution could be variance, what I did is to disable the original bbappend using BBMASK and add my own on my layer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jasonl
Contributor II

The problem is the dash character in PR is not legal for rpm. Modify the PR in u-boot-toradex_2016.11.bbappend can address the problem. Also, the solution could be variance, what I did is to disable the original bbappend using BBMASK and add my own on my layer.