cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 QSB to IMX53 QSB-R migrate

Jump to solution
leonidandronov2
Contributor I

Hi, I have made kernel image and root filesystem  for IMX53 QSB in past. Now I need to work with new revision of IMX53 QSB (IMX53 QSB-R). And I get some strange behavior on new boards with kernel from old ones. Some usb devices are not recognize... Nothing is working realy...

What I need to do? I use Ubuntu vmware image with ltib 9.1 on it. Do I need to change some configs for kernel build?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have seen this same issue. In order to solve it you need to upgrade your bootloader.

U-boot should detect the board type and pass this information to the kernel via ATAGs.

You can use U-boot mainline or the latest one from git.freescale.com (11.09 branch). Both of these versions detects the board type correctly, pass this info to the kernel and then the kernel will configure USB correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have seen this same issue. In order to solve it you need to upgrade your bootloader.

U-boot should detect the board type and pass this information to the kernel via ATAGs.

You can use U-boot mainline or the latest one from git.freescale.com (11.09 branch). Both of these versions detects the board type correctly, pass this info to the kernel and then the kernel will configure USB correctly.

0 Kudos
leonidandronov2
Contributor I

Thank you!

I have solved this by downloading a new vmware Ubuntu image and compiling system newly. With new uboot and kernel everything works.

0 Kudos
aksispd
Contributor II

This might be the right place to ask: I'm running the VM ubuntu that came on the CD with the i.MX53 QSB-R board and when I'm running ltib does not see the options I expect (device driver), when running make menuconfig I got these items but seems the architecture is not passed on and a bunch of options are not shown (nothign specific to the i.MX processor, e.g. MXC/capture). Can you tell me which version of VM ubuntu you used that seemed to work with the QSB-R? Did you use ltib config interface?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try the VMware Linux image with development tools and i.MX53 Linux 11.09

BSP installed and configured for the MCIMX53-START-R and the MCIMX53-START :

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX53_QSB_UBUNTU_VM&appType=license&location=null

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
aksispd
Contributor II

Yuri,

that is what I'm using and after installing ltib in the config interface there is nothing that configures device drivers, everything else seems to be correct. If I understand correctly the QSB the START and the LOCO board are the same. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes - for MX53 START board, select your board  as mx53_loco.

Please use "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf" in BSP documentation

for more  details.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
aksispd
Contributor II

Thanks, got it. Had to realized it's under kernel config

0 Kudos