cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C address for some devices used with SABRE

Jump to solution
thattor1
Contributor I

I'd like to know I2C address of following devices that is used with i.MX 7DUAL SABRE BOARD.

1)LCD8000-43T

2)EPD controller

Which document should I read, or how can I get to those information?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Tsutomu HATTORI 

One can get the I2C address of the mentioned devices i.e. LCD8000-43T and EPD controller from their respective datasheets. The datasheets would be available from the vendor of the respective devices.

Also, we can get the I2C address of the device from the DTS node of i.MX7D board.

In, i.MX7D SABRE SD board I2C lines of LCD8000-43T device are not being used which is also mentioned in schematic.However, for EPD controller device, I2C3 bus is used with 0x10 as device address. Device tree node for the same is specified in arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7d-sdb-epdc.dtsi" file which is shown in below screenshot.

epdc_dtsi_final.png

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi Tsutomu HATTORI

If my above posts answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button.

Thank You!

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

0 Kudos
thattor1
Contributor I

Dear Radhika,

Thank you for your message.

Please close this thread. I'm ok.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

HATTORI, Tsutomu.

0 Kudos
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Tsutomu HATTORI 

One can get the I2C address of the mentioned devices i.e. LCD8000-43T and EPD controller from their respective datasheets. The datasheets would be available from the vendor of the respective devices.

Also, we can get the I2C address of the device from the DTS node of i.MX7D board.

In, i.MX7D SABRE SD board I2C lines of LCD8000-43T device are not being used which is also mentioned in schematic.However, for EPD controller device, I2C3 bus is used with 0x10 as device address. Device tree node for the same is specified in arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7d-sdb-epdc.dtsi" file which is shown in below screenshot.

epdc_dtsi_final.png

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

thattor1
Contributor I

Dear Radhika,

Thank you for your reply and helpful information.

It's good to me.

I'm considering using another device with connecting to I2C3 bus on SABRE BOARD.

Now I could find that there is no conflict of I2C addresses of each devices.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

HATTORI, Tsutomu

0 Kudos
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Tsutomu HATTORI
    Thanks for the updates. You can also use i2c device detection utility in linux to find the I2C address of connected device.

Shall we close this thread?, as you get the answer.

Regards,

Radhika somaiya.

0 Kudos