次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

I.MX6 Board Bringup from Ubuntu 13 Host System

1,036件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

We are working on I.MX6 custom board and now we want to bring the board up using LTIB from a host system that has Ubuntu 13. We have downloaded fsl-L3.10.53_1.1.0_iMX6qdls_Bundle.gz then after extracting we got L3.10.53_1.1.0_ga_images_MX6 folder which consists of several files with extension of .imx, .dtb and .ext3 extensions. one more file (application) is there named zImage. Now how to install and get  LTIB and also bring the boardup. The reference documents are some what old where there are telling there will be some instaallation files from which we can install. But we haven't seen anything like this in the folder.

any help regarding this will be of great help to us.

ラベル(3)
0 件の賞賛
返信
7 返答(返信)

751件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

hi,

downloading repo from git is creating problems... is there any other alternative way...can i download directly from freescale website. after downloading if i place them in fsl-community-bsp folder present in home folder of my pc will be sufficient or you want me do some more steps...

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Srinivasa,

Unfortunately the use of LTIB it is no longer supported in the i.MX6,  we encourage our customer to use Yocto instead, in fact the  Linux BSP 3.10.53 that you are using it is based on Yocto,  I strongly suggest that you start using Yocto, here is a good initial training that you can use.

Yocto Training - HOME

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

we have followed Yocto training to deploy the OS to i.mx6 board. we have deployed sdcard image and boot the board by connecting sd card to the board ( and we have also tried deploying u-boot only and then boot the board) in both the cases, display is not coming the monitor which is connected to imx6 board through HDMI.

we have followed as below:

$ sudo dd if=u-boot-imx6qsabresd-v2012.10-r3.imx of=/dev/sdX bs=512 seek=2

We have deployed sdcard image.

If using HDMI please, modify u-boot environment arguments:

setenv mmcargs "setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24"

how can i set environment variables in u-boot. which file i should work on and do i need to use some tools to set environment variables in u-boot???

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
markusbraitner
Contributor IV

Hi Srinivasa,

to edit u-boot variables, establish a console connection to the board (e.g. serial via RS232), start up the board and interrupt the starting of u-boot pressing "BACKSPACE" (it might also be "DEL"). Then, at the u-boot prompt, use

"printenv"

to show the environment variables and

"edit <environmentvariable>"

to edit "environmentvariable"

Kind regards,

Markus

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

We do not have any keyboard and mouse options for the i.mx6 board. We just deployed u-boot(u-boot-imx6qsabresd-v2013.10-r0.imx) to sdcard. then put the sd card to imx6 board. when we are powering on the board and pressing reset switch, nothing coming in display (where display is connected through HDMI)

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

As suggested by you, Iam following Yocto training documents. I have come up to task #4  (deploying the sdcard image). In this i have a query:

deploy the sd card image which is specified in task#4 means sd card is connected to host PC or board. If i would like to connect sd card in imx6 board and then port os then what should i do.

I have connected imx6 board to host pc through usb and host pc (which is Ubuntu 14.04) , i have run a command lsusb

then output is:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:58c2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0cf3:0036 Atheros Communications, Inc.

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 046d:c077 Logitech, Inc.

Bus 001 Device 015: ID 15a2:0054 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. i.MX6Q SystemOnChip in RecoveryMode

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

then how to check the sd card inserted in imx6 board is detected or not before os is ported to board. also how can we check all the peripherals which are connected to board are being detected before porting os to imx6. is there any way???

0 件の賞賛
返信

751件の閲覧回数
srinivasaporam
Contributor II

hi,

downloading repo from git is creating problems... is there any other alternative way...can i download directly from freescale website. after downloading if i place them in fsl-community-bsp folder present in home folder of my pc will be sufficient or you want me do some more steps...

0 件の賞賛
返信