您的意思是: 
已解决

HowTo write applications for Cortex-M7 inside i.MX8M+

跳至解决方案
266 次查看
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Hi experts!

Is it possible to find a step-by-step manual how to setup an environment like mentioned in subject?

I have already tried to generate an SDK with the SDK-Builder and install it in MCUxpresso. Unfortunately, this did not work. As I have not found any useful instructions so far, I am now asking the question here in the forum.

regards

Ralf

0 项奖励
1 解答
177 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

SDK for i.MX8MP is not supported on MCUXpresso application.

You can download the SDK from MCUXpresso SDK builder (with some examples), but you need to compile it using IAR or GCC to generate the files to the board.

One alternative that could be helpful is MCUXpresso for VS Code that supports SDKs for i.MX.

For more information, please check next link.

Best regards.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
4 回复数
187 次查看
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III

Hello JorgeCas,

Thank you very much for your answer. It has helped me a lot. But I have some questions about this answer.

Does it mean that one actually only work with the SDK and MCUXpresso or the MCUXpresso plugin for VSCode is not used at all? This means that the integration of the SDK into the GUI is not intended at all as with MCUs such as LPC55S16 (with these you open MCUXpresso and then drag and drop the SDK into the area provided for it). Normally one also start building and debugging from there, as i remember.

I hope you can answer these questions.

Best regards

Ralf Rademacher

0 项奖励
178 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

SDK for i.MX8MP is not supported on MCUXpresso application.

You can download the SDK from MCUXpresso SDK builder (with some examples), but you need to compile it using IAR or GCC to generate the files to the board.

One alternative that could be helpful is MCUXpresso for VS Code that supports SDKs for i.MX.

For more information, please check next link.

Best regards.

0 项奖励
131 次查看
Ralf_Rademacher
Contributor III
Hello JorgeCas,
this answer, especially the second link, was very helpful.
Because I had already tried unsuccessfully to integrate the SDK into MCUxpresso but also into the MCUxpresso plugin for VSCode. But with the link, which contained more detailed instructions, it worked without any problems. Now I can use my Segger debug probe from an IDE in the same way as I used to do when debugging MCUs (like the LPC55S16). It was also an advantage that the description mentioned the installer included in the plugin. Because my previously manually installed toolchain, with which I could compile the example programs manually, did not work from the VSCode plugin. When I installed the compiler toolchain again using the installer (which I would never have found without the instructions), everything worked without any problems.
Many thanks for your help.
0 项奖励
240 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I suggest you take a look on this thread describes how to run applications on Cortex-M.

Also, this application note could be helpful.

Best regards

0 项奖励