How to use GPU Vivante GC320 on iMX6 Solo ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use GPU Vivante GC320 on iMX6 Solo ?

Jump to solution
toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new board iMX6 Solo. It's have a GPU Vivante GC320. I found many ways to check and monitor usage but not working. I also try to install OpenCV to use with this GPU but CUDA is only support Nvidia. So I have 3 questions:

1. How to check and monitor GPU usage ?
  2. How to use OpenCV with this GPU to enhance performance ?
  3. What are GC320 can do ?

Thank you so much,

Toan

Labels (1)
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the latest bsp includes opencv, you can download this from the nxp official website as below:

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

then download the latest bsp document, refer to the user guide about how to use opencv demo and refer to the i.MX_Graphics_User's_Guide.pdf about how to use GPU

View solution in original post

7 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I found you have install opencv on imx6q board successfully, but it doesn't work for imx6s? did you refer to the chapter 12.1.1 Downloading OpenCV demos of user guide? if still couldn't find opencv, try to add them in the local.conf then build it, try to use x11 as backend

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "opencv"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "libopencv-core libopencv-imgproc libopencv-highgui libopencv-imgcodecs libopencv-video libopencv-videoio libopencv-objdetect libopencv-features2d"

toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi joanxie‌,

I installed OpenCV 4 -C++ successfully on iMX6S. But the problem is I can not using it with GPU Vivante GC320.

Now, I expect to know how to use to increase processing performance !

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked the document, On i.MX 6 boards, only 6Quad and 6QuadPlus support OpenCL. for imx6s, GC320 is GPU 2D, the 2D API supports openvg, for more detailed, maybe you can refer to the gpu sdk for imx6:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp?render=true 

toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Thank you for your support ! I will try and response soon as possible.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the latest bsp includes opencv, you can download this from the nxp official website as below:

then download the latest bsp document, refer to the user guide about how to use opencv demo and refer to the i.MX_Graphics_User's_Guide.pdf about how to use GPU

toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi joanxie‌,

I tried to find any info concern about OpenCV and GPU Vivante but got nothing. May be could not binding OpenCV and Vivante GPU follow normal way. Do you have any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi joanxie‌,

Thank you for your response. I follow your guide and have some interesting info.

0 Kudos