How to store blobfile using CAAM encrypt/decrypt data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store blobfile using CAAM encrypt/decrypt data

haichao
Contributor III

When I refer to AN12714  i.MX Encrypted Storage Using CAAM Secure Keys Rev. 0 — 25 February 2020

Finally, I found my flash is Nand,but  NAND flash is an MTD device, hence, DM-Crypt cannot be used with it.  已解决: Re: dm_crypt file in /mnt/encrypted unencrypt - NXP Community

then I refer to AN12554 Demo Application to Generate Red/Black Blobs Using CAAM and Encrypt/Decrypt Data Rev. 1 — 26 August 2021. I can encrypt and decrypt my my file with kb_test, but how to store the blobfile,I can't put blobfile in the local directory,Can it also store the blobfile in keying or other places, is there some patch file. 

I don't know to do. Can someone help me . Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @haichao 

Both blobfile storin at the local file system, just there are different method to manage and use blob.

You can find explanations from the AN12554 and there are related AN explains more:

• i.MX Security Reference Manuals
• Strengthening Public Key Cryptography using CAAM Secure Key (document AN12838)
• i.MX Encrypted Storage Using CAAM Secure Keys (document AN12714)

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

haichao
Contributor III

hi @Harvey021 

Thanks for your reply.  so I mean that a blobfile is similar to a key file, which uses it to encrypt my data or file. Therefore, the key file should be placed in a safe place, definitely not in a directory in my user space, because it is not secure. I mean how to put a blobfile in a secure place, encrypted storage

My needs are similar to this:CAAM Secure Storage in i.MX6. - NXP Community

Best regards

0 Kudos