cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run the Inflexion demonstration for Linux

G_rio
Contributor III

Hello guys,

I'm trying to use Inflexion on Linux, but unsuccessful.
I have this error and if anyone know how to fix it, please post the solution and if does anyone has time, post an tutorial step by step here.

My last error is:

root@freescale ~$ ./inflexionui_demo
./inflexionui_demo: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root@freescale ~$

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

Hi!  Could you also share the LTIB options I need to set in order to run Inflexion UI on 11.09 on my QSB?  What packages should I include in advance?  Do I have to set up a Ubuntu on my VGA output first?

0 Kudos

MateenHasan
Contributor I

@ Lieven .. I noticed that there is separate thread againt LVDS 10" screen issue. I have posted my reply under that thread.. Please see my reply at http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics/lvds-touchscreen-on-inflexionui-demo?xg_source=activity

0 Kudos

Lyven
Contributor II

Hello Mateen, thank you for helping me.

I'm working on the i.MX53 platform with an LVDS 10"touchscreen (eGalax touch screen) on embedded linux. I try to build a basic framework with LTIB that starts up directly into an inflexion ui application.

my serial output when starting up inflexionui_demo

root@freescale /usr/bin$ ./inflexionui_demo
Screen resolution = 1024x768
Using default touch panel calibration values (use TPCAL="left, right, top, bottom" to override)
Running on an i.MX53
Panning swap enabled
Panning swap enabled
Info: EGL Config[2] Attribute sizes: red = 5, green = 6, blue = 5, alpha = 0, depth = 24, samples = 0
Inflexion UI Engine initialized with:
Language = en
Display mode = xga_l
Theme offset = 0x0
Theme dimensions = 1024x768
Added new input device: "eGalax Touch Screen" at "/dev/input/event0"

So the input is registered, when i do cat /dev/input/event0 and i touch my screen, the console gives all strange characters so I think the screen is working. I'm really stuck on this...

Mateen Hasan said:

@ Lieven  .. Can you please share us the serial log? Which platform are you using? Which version of Inflexion are you using?

When you run Inflexion, do you get any output on serial console like "Added new input device: ..."? Is the touchscreen device registered under /device/input folder? If it is not, then you can try setting following variable and then try running Inflexion again:

export TOUCHPANEL=/dev/touch0 (or any path for the touchscreen device)

Lieven said:

@Eduardo. Can you explain me how to configure the touchscreen to work with inflexion ui? My linux sees the touchscreen but it does not respond with the demo appliciation

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

MateenHasan
Contributor I

@ Lieven  .. Can you please share us the serial log? Which platform are you using? Which version of Inflexion are you using?

When you run Inflexion, do you get any output on serial console like "Added new input device: ..."? Is the touchscreen device registered under /device/input folder? If it is not, then you can try setting following variable and then try running Inflexion again:

export TOUCHPANEL=/dev/touch0 (or any path for the touchscreen device)

Lieven said:

@Eduardo. Can you explain me how to configure the touchscreen to work with inflexion ui? My linux sees the touchscreen but it does not respond with the demo appliciation

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Lyven
Contributor II

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

PhilBrumby
Contributor I

Hi Swamy,

Use of Inflexion with the Sabre Tablet is not currently supported. However an update release to the Inflexion package that can be downloaded is due this month. The update will include support for the Sabre platform.

I will post in the forums when the update is available.

Thanks,

Phil.

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Hello,

I am facing the same issue..I am using IMX53 Sabre Tablet with11.05 BSP. I have done all the steps which is mentioned, the one difference is, I have enabled both amd-gpu-bin-mx51 and amd-gpu-x11-bin-mx51. since I have selected QT package, by default amd-gpu-x11-bin-mx51 is also getting selected. Please suggest where I am going wrong.

Regards,

Swamy

root@freescale$ ./inflexionui_demo
Using default touch panel calibration values (use TPCAL="left, right, top, bottom" to overrideUnhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1018) at 0x2b6ba054
)
Running on an i.MX53

IFXM_microwaveOven_Initialize caUnhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1018) at 0x2beba054
lled!!
ERROR: Graphics Error - Menu could not be opened

Error in Initializing Inflexion UI for Linux Framework
         Exiting from main()
root@freescale $

0 Kudos

xizhouwang
Contributor II

Which version of BSP have you used when you did it?  11.01 or 11.05?

Eduardo Gorio said:

I'm using i.MX53 QSB
i did it.

0 Kudos

SharanK
Contributor II

HI, I am getting following error when i try to run demo inflexion file.

root@freescale /mnt/usb$ ./inflexionui_demo
Using default touch panel calibration values (use TPCAL="left,Unhandled fault: e
xternal abort on non-linefetch (0x1018) at 0x2b4b9054
 right, top, bottom" to override)
Running on an i.MX53
Unhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1018) at 0x2b4b9054
Panning swap enabled
Panning swap enabled
Info: EGL Config Attribute sizes: red = 5, green = 6, blue = 5, alpha = 0, depth
 = 24, samples = 0
Unhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1018) at 0x2d979054
Inflexion UI Engine initialized with:
        Language          = en
        Display mode      = wvga_l
        Theme offset      = 112x144
        Theme dimensions  = 800x480
Added new input device: "Dell Dell USB Keyboard" at "/dev/input/event4"
Added new input device: "mma8450" at "/dev/input/event3"
Added new input device: "da9052-onkey" at "/dev/input/event2"
Added new input device: "da9052-tsi" at "/dev/input/event1"
Added new input device: "gpio-keys" at "/dev/input/event0

The  HMI comes up . But mouse doesnt work.

I have tried using Keyboard and it works. 

0 Kudos

G_rio
Contributor III
Thank you so much Awais,

It works perfectly, but i need to configure my touch screen to work without keyboard
0 Kudos

MuhammadAwaisAn
Contributor I

I think you missed to install and load the opengl lib.

728-amdgpulib.jpg

You also need to load the GPU modules at startup:

730-Loadinstruction.jpg

best,

Awais

Eduardo Gorio said:

I'm using i.MX53 QSB
i did it.

1) environment var

~$ export CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

~$ "$CROSS_TOOLCHAIN"g++
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: no input files

2) codec

copied and renamed ( undercore to hyphen ) the fsl codec to /opt/freescale/pkgs

3) ltib

selected freetype, libpng, zlib, gstreamer-fsl-plugins and fsl-mm-codec-libs

4) kernel config

selected POSIX message queues

5) inflexion library

copied libinflexionui.so to ~/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib

6) inflexion demo

~$ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin

~/Downloads/InflexionUI-Runtime-2.3/Linux/demo/inflexion_demo$ make LTIB_ROOTFS=/home/gorio/ltib/rootfs

~/Downloads/InflexionUI-Runtime-2.3/Linux/demo/inflexion_demo/bin$ sudo cp inflexionui_demo /home/gorio/ltib/rootfs

7) on i.MX53 QSB

~$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/

~$ cd /

~$ ./inflexionui_demo

Screen resolution = 800x480

Using default touch panel calibration values (use TPCAL="left, right, top, bottom" to override)

Running on an i.MX53

Exiting from main()root@freescale ~$

0 Kudos

G_rio
Contributor III

I'm using i.MX53 QSB
i did it.

1) environment var

~$ export CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

~$ "$CROSS_TOOLCHAIN"g++
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: no input files

2) codec

copied and renamed ( undercore to hyphen ) the fsl codec to /opt/freescale/pkgs

3) ltib

selected freetype, libpng, zlib, gstreamer-fsl-plugins and fsl-mm-codec-libs

4) kernel config

selected POSIX message queues

5) inflexion library

copied libinflexionui.so to ~/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib

6) inflexion demo

~$ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin

~/Downloads/InflexionUI-Runtime-2.3/Linux/demo/inflexion_demo$ make LTIB_ROOTFS=/home/gorio/ltib/rootfs

~/Downloads/InflexionUI-Runtime-2.3/Linux/demo/inflexion_demo/bin$ sudo cp inflexionui_demo /home/gorio/ltib/rootfs

7) on i.MX53 QSB

~$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/

~$ cd /

~$ ./inflexionui_demo

Screen resolution = 800x480

Running on an i.MX53

0 Kudos

TxPomeroy
Contributor I

Just a couple questions?

What board are you using?  I've been able to get it working with i.MX53 QSB.

Did you rebuild inflexion_demo for your target board?

Have you downloaded the Freescale Multimedia Plugins/Codecs and included them in your kernel/rootfs build?

Did you rebuild kernel/rootfs with "freetype", "libpng", and "zlib"?

A good reference is chapter 3 of Mentor Graphics doc titled "Inflexion UI for Select i.MX Processors by Mentor Embedded" Software version 2.3, March 2011.  It details how to do all of this.

My first attempt at running inflexion_demo was with the Digi ConnectCore dev board. That has all kinds of problems when you try to run it and just copying libs over to the target as dependency errors are encounted won't get you to a working demo.  I'm told Digi is working on it but have no idea when or if they'll get it done.

One note: when you rebuild the inflexion_demo go ahead and use the no_gpu version.  If you're using the i.MX53 QSB you'll use the gles2 inflexion engine lib (copy to target at /usr/lib) but you should still build with the makefile pointing the .h file for the nogpu version.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

G_rio
Contributor III

Hello Awais,

i got new error

Running on an i.MX53

Do you know  how to fix it ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

MuhammadAwaisAn
Contributor I

Looks like you have not set the library path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

To run the demo see the steps in the embedded_inflexion_ui_imx_user guide under section "Running the Inflexion Demonstration Application"

Ta,

Awais

0 Kudos