How to flash big image file into SABRASD board(IMX6) with mfgtool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash big image file into SABRASD board(IMX6) with mfgtool

zhangjason
Contributor I

By the mfgtool, i tried to flash a whole flash image file(big file: more than 1GB) into emmc of SD board. But as the OS of mfgtool is running in the RAM, so the big flash image file could not be uploaded by the following command:

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/flash.img">Sending flash image</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M seek=1 conv=fsync">write flash image to sd card</CMD>

I knew that there is a "pipe" usage, but don't know how to set the parameter of local flash image file in.

Does there someone know about it?

Thanks

Tags (2)
7 Replies

raghavendrabork
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am looking for the solution for this. How we can flash big files using mfg tools.

we have .sdcard image around 1GB and getting issue while flashing the same. Only 65MB is flashed every time.

The custom ULEVK board is having 512MB RAM. 

Any quick suggestion here?

-Raghu

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use something like this:

<CMD type="push" body="$ mkdir -p /mnt/sdcard"/>
<CMD type="push" body="$ mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard"/>
<CMD type="push" body="pipe tar -jxv -C /mnt/sdcard" file="files/rootfs.tar.bz2">Sending and writting rootfs</CMD>

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raghavendrabork
Contributor II

Thank you Victor for the quick reply.

We have tried something similar like this to flash complete .sdcard image to /dev/mmcblk1 (i.e. complete eMMC flash).

Our requirement is not to untar rootfs instead flashing complete sdcard (2GB file) image in eMMC flash using dd command,

Following is what we have given xml file.

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk%mmc%boot0/force_ro">access boot partition 1</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="pipe dd of=/dev/mmcblk%mmc% bs=1M" file="files/imx6ulevk.sdcard"/>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="frs">Finish Flashing NAND </CMD>

Flashing shows completed but don't see image booting. Can you please review above command and suggest?

Regards,

-Raghu

0 Kudos

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You script is to flash the whole image to the emmc user patition.

still need to flash the uboot to the boot partition such as boot0

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jason

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jason

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jason

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos