How to display same content on dual display (HDMI + LCD)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display same content on dual display (HDMI + LCD)

Jump to solution
mohamedthalibha
Contributor III

I have enabled the dual display on IMX6 Solo LCD + HDMI

LCD => DI0 (mxcfb0) (854x480 @ 60)

HDMI=> DI1 (mxcfb1) (1920x1080M@60)

The work individually fine, I can display different image on the.

But I cannot make it sync, I want to configure the IPU to display content on LCD to HDMI (di0 = di1)

I have read in this forum that it is possible to sync the displays, Can some one help me on how to do it.

Linux version 3.10.17

bootargs: console=ttymxc1,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,K-WVGA,if=RGB24,fbpix=RGB32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=5M,28M consoleblank=0 vt.global_cursor_default=0

Tags (5)
1 Solution
mohamedthalibha
Contributor III

Yes, but from userspace at software level (not hardware).

It is not possible to display same content on dual display (HDMI + LCD) imx6 using hardware and driver like done for LVDS.

Since LVDS bridge has the ability to use other use other display (ipu) as source for LVDS displays, but HDMI and LCD's doesn't have that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mohamedthalibha
Contributor III

I have already tried it, but didn't work,

It works only as independent displays

0 Kudos
philippt85
Contributor I

Hey,

did you found a solution to show same content on both displays?

0 Kudos
mohamedthalibha
Contributor III

Yes, but from userspace at software level (not hardware).

It is not possible to display same content on dual display (HDMI + LCD) imx6 using hardware and driver like done for LVDS.

Since LVDS bridge has the ability to use other use other display (ipu) as source for LVDS displays, but HDMI and LCD's doesn't have that.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohamed,

If you want to have mirrored screens, you could try the bootargs mentioned on this thread.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos