How to cross compile Qt5 applications to FSL Yocto from existing Qt creator?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cross compile Qt5 applications to FSL Yocto from existing Qt creator?

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi all,

As part of my current development, I have to work with Qt5 and develop custom application for the platform.

The existing set-up details are as follows:

Host PC OS:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit

Target Platform:

Freescale i.MX6 SoloLite EVK

Yocto Version:

Freescale Yocto BSP - Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga (i.e. imx-3.10.53-1.1.0_ga)

My build configured with X11 graphical back end.

Qt creator Version in Ubuntu PC:

Qt Creator 3.0.1 - Based on Qt 5.2.1 (GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit)

As far as my understanding, Qt 5.2.1 version is used in Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga.

I have run the sample qt5 applications which are available in the Yocto BSP and is running fine.

I also done some applications in the existing Qt creator and is now came up-to a level that, I can try that on the target platform.

Now, my question is how I can cross compile the application(s) that, I created using existing Qt creator, to make it run on the target platform? What settings should I give in the Qt creator build settings (specifically the path)?

PS: AFAMK, "bitbaked meta-toolchain-qt" shall create tool-chain for Qt4 only. What command I should give for creating the Qt5 tool-chain? "bitbaked meta-toolchain-qt5" throws error when I bitbake it.

Could anyone help me to figure out, what settings I should made, in-order to work as mentioned above?

Looking forward to your reply...

Thank you in advance,
Ajith P V

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have tried with 3.14.28 and bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5.

It workid flawlessly. I wonder if you can try with BSP 3.14.28?

/Alejandro

ajithpv
Contributor V

Thank you alejandrolozano for your support.

Unfortunately, my BSP team almost completed their work on 3.10.53 and can't change it into 3.14.28 :smileysad:

Could you please provide an alternative solution to resolve it?

FYI, I'm getting the following error when I given "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5" in Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at <path of Yocto Source>/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtmultimedia/5.2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3746)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: <path of Yocto source>/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtmultimedia/5.2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3746

ERROR: Task 752 (<path of Yocto source>/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtmultimedia_5.2.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

Please note that, I have to use X11 (i.e Using X11 backend with poky DIST_FEATURES).

Looking forward to your reply...

Thank you in advance,
Ajith P V

0 Kudos