显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

How to control PF100 PMIC in imx6q-cpufreq.c for LDO bypass

跳至解决方案
3,194 次查看
michaelguntli
Contributor IV

In order to take full advantage of the LDO bypass mode (How to Enable LDO Bypass Based on i.MX6 Android ICS), I would like to control the VDD_ARM and VDD_SOC through the PF100 regulator in the cpufreq driver.

The table lists the operation setpoints for LDO bypass mode: 0.925V for up to 396MHz, 1.150V up to 792MHz.

pastedImage_1.png

The current driver only controls the internal LDO, thus only works for "LDO enabled" mode.

This code gets the LDO regulators here:

linux/imx6q-cpufreq.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub 

pastedImage_3.png

Question:

How can I get the actual PF100 voltage regulator in code? regulator_get(cpu_dev, "sw1ab")?

Why does the cpufreq driver use devm_regulator_get_optional() and not regulator_get()?

Where do I find the name of PF0100 SW1AB? The i.MX6 Linux Reference Chapter 23 explains the PF100 Regulator driver, and chapter 23.3.1 describes the regulator APIs. In the code I found the following table:

linux/pfuze100-regulator.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub 

pastedImage_5.png

When I print the regulator names, they are listed in this exact order:

root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.0/name
regulator-dummy
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.1/name
vdd1p1
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.2/name
vdd3p0
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.3/name
vdd2p5
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.4/name
vddarm
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.5/name
vddpu
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.6/name
vddsoc
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.7/name
usb_otg_vbus
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.8/name
usb_h1_vbus
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.9/name
SW1AB
root@h5:/sys/class/regulator # cat regulator.10/name
SW1C
标签 (4)
标记 (2)
1 解答
2,061 次查看
michaelguntli
Contributor IV

Hi Igor

Yes I know that, but I think I understood "the magic" now: In the DTS I can configure which regulator should be used.

As an example, imx6sx-sdb.dts uses sw1a of PFUZE0100 for arm-supply, which in turn the cpufreq driver will use to regulate the voltage of the ARM. Is this assumption correct?

linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 

pastedImage_1.png

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
2,061 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

ldo bypass is used by default in latest nxp bsps, one can look at "ldo-bypass" property in dts files

for using internal LDO special imx6q-sabresd-ldo.dts is used. Cpu freq driver

is described in attached Linux Manual sect.2.3.3 CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ).

Full documentation can be found in

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2,062 次查看
michaelguntli
Contributor IV

Hi Igor

Yes I know that, but I think I understood "the magic" now: In the DTS I can configure which regulator should be used.

As an example, imx6sx-sdb.dts uses sw1a of PFUZE0100 for arm-supply, which in turn the cpufreq driver will use to regulate the voltage of the ARM. Is this assumption correct?

pastedImage_1.png