How to clear i.MX6SDL eCSPI FIFO and shift register.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear i.MX6SDL eCSPI FIFO and shift register.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6S eCSPI.

If the garbage data is stored when starting the transmit or receive operations, we think unexpected operation will be occurred.

So, we want to clear it forcibly.

Would you let me know how to clear both transmit data (transmit FIFO & shift register) and received data (receive FIFO & shift register) forcibly ?

And let me know whether the procedure is different between master and slave mode also?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, You may reset the eCSPI module via the EN bit of ECSPIx_CONREG.
Also, in master mode one can write 65 zeros to the TXDATA as dummy write op

just after configuring the eSCPI. The recent option is not available for slave mode.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, You may reset the eCSPI module via the EN bit of ECSPIx_CONREG.
Also, in master mode one can write 65 zeros to the TXDATA as dummy write op

just after configuring the eSCPI. The recent option is not available for slave mode.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos