cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign interrupts for i.mx6ull in Config Tools for i.MX

Jump to solution
8Aineri
Contributor II

Good afternoon, dear NXP! How could I assign interrupts in this tool? I already configured all pins and now I have to assign interrupts for it and write my own interrupts handlers for all sorts of interrupts. But I cannot find how and where could I do this in this tool.

I am using Linux, so I think I somehow have to declare pin as a source for interrupt and then write driver to assign it to this pin but now I cannot understand how to do this.

P.S.

It is obvious to where I should put dtsi file, but where should I put another 4 (iomux_config.c(h), pin_mux.c(h)) generated files in SDK?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @8Aineri 

I asked our Pin tool member, they said  the initialization of the interrupt vectors or interrupts from GPIO pins is not the part of the pins tool data for i.mx 6ULL.

The initialization of the GPIO interrupts are the part of the GPIO peripheral initialization and should be in the GPIO driver.

As the same thing that you mentioned.

B.R

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @8Aineri 

I asked our Pin tool member, they said  the initialization of the interrupt vectors or interrupts from GPIO pins is not the part of the pins tool data for i.mx 6ULL.

The initialization of the GPIO interrupts are the part of the GPIO peripheral initialization and should be in the GPIO driver.

As the same thing that you mentioned.

B.R

8Aineri
Contributor II

Thank you! I thought so, then, I'll do this in Linux style and all)

0 Kudos
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @8Aineri 

As i know, The Pin tool from Config Tools seems don't have your request function(assign the interrupt for i.mx6ull), Also I will contact the owner double check this.

PS : I think this file are not used for put into SDK.Please see the attachment Chapter 3 for further understand.

8Aineri
Contributor II

I read this but I couldn't find a solution about how could I assign an interruption to pin. Maybe I should only mark pin as interruption and then write a linux driver manually but I couldn't find how to mark pin as interruption too.

How I could understand this - I cannot mark pin as interruption in this tool, I could only see is this pin could be an interruption or not and then I should do it in Linux Device Tree manually?

0 Kudos