您的意思是: 
已解决

How can I create a patch for .config in my custom layer

跳至解决方案
84 次查看
Derek0902
Contributor II

Hi,

After I modified kernel config use this command below, there is a .config in <build_dir>/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/6.1.36+gitAUTOINC+04b05c5527-r0/build

$ bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig 

Then I override defconfig with .config and create a patch in my custom layer. But it didn't take effect in my board.

$ cp .config <build_dir>/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/6.1.36+gitAUTOINC+04b05c5527-r0/git/arch/arm64/configs/defconfig

I want to create a patch for this config in my custom layer. How can I do that?

Thanks & Regards,

Derek Lin

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
41 次查看
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI, @Derek0902 

Sorry to reply late

1. Make sure you have added the configuration changes in your customization layer. This is usually done by adding a conf/layer.conf file, which is read during the build process.

2. In the top-level directory of your customization layer, run the following command to create the patch file:
bitbake-diff . > custom-layer-config-patch
3. This command compares the current.config file in your build directory with the prebuild pristine.config file and generates a patch file custom-layer-config-patch.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数
42 次查看
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI, @Derek0902 

Sorry to reply late

1. Make sure you have added the configuration changes in your customization layer. This is usually done by adding a conf/layer.conf file, which is read during the build process.

2. In the top-level directory of your customization layer, run the following command to create the patch file:
bitbake-diff . > custom-layer-config-patch
3. This command compares the current.config file in your build directory with the prebuild pristine.config file and generates a patch file custom-layer-config-patch.

0 项奖励
回复
40 次查看
Derek0902
Contributor II

Hi @pengyong_zhang ,

Thanks for your help. I have found that is in ../source/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux-imx_6.1.bb. 

KBUILD_DEFCONFIG:mx6-generic-bsp = "imx_v7_defconfig"
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG:mx7-generic-bsp = "imx_v7_defconfig"
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG:mx8-generic-bsp = "imx_v8_defconfig"
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG:mx9-generic-bsp = "imx_v8_defconfig"

I modified the kernel config successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Derek Lin

0 项奖励
回复