For i.MX8M Quad EVK , where can i download ioMux configuration file named xxxx.mex file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For i.MX8M Quad EVK , where can i download ioMux configuration file named xxxx.mex file?

Jump to solution
jhpark_vine
Contributor III

I' d like to  change some HW configuration of i.Mx8M EVK using PinMUX tool  and  modify   u-boot and  linux kernel of that.   

Where can i download ioMux configuration file named xxxx.mex file for i.MX8M Quad Evaluation Kit ? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default .mex files for mostly widespread configurations are already included into the i.MX Pins Tool package. To get it locally, please do the following.

1) Download the latest i.MX Pins Tool software (currently the latest is Rev.8):

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/pins-tool-for-i-mx-application-processors:PINS-TOOL-IMX?tab=Desig...

and install it.

2) Run the software. The program opens, the "Start development" dialog window appears.

3) Select the "Create a new standalone configuration for processor, board or kit" radio button and press "Next".

4) The "Create a new configuration" window appears. Unwrap the "Boards" list, select the MIMX8M-EVK-REV-B board and press "Finish".

5) The corresponding pins configuration diagrams/tables open in the Pins Tool window. You can modify them as you want. Then, open the File -> Save menu and save the .mex configuration file locally.

Best Regards,
Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jhpark_vine
Contributor III

Thanks. 

2 more questions? 

1.If i would generate pin_mux.dts for i.MX8MQ EVK board ,  do i choose the fsl-imx8mq-evk board among Board list ? 

2.  I'd like to customize i.MX8MQ EVK.  

There are many  kinds of fsl-imx8qm-evk board kits, what are the differences among them? 

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default .mex files for mostly widespread configurations are already included into the i.MX Pins Tool package. To get it locally, please do the following.

1) Download the latest i.MX Pins Tool software (currently the latest is Rev.8):

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/pins-tool-for-i-mx-application-processors:PINS-TOOL-IMX?tab=Desig...

and install it.

2) Run the software. The program opens, the "Start development" dialog window appears.

3) Select the "Create a new standalone configuration for processor, board or kit" radio button and press "Next".

4) The "Create a new configuration" window appears. Unwrap the "Boards" list, select the MIMX8M-EVK-REV-B board and press "Finish".

5) The corresponding pins configuration diagrams/tables open in the Pins Tool window. You can modify them as you want. Then, open the File -> Save menu and save the .mex configuration file locally.

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos