Error when building yocto image on docker container

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when building yocto image on docker container

alvmarti
Contributor I

I set up a docker container following the Yocto project instructions. This environment has Ubuntu 18.04 bionic, which should work for image generation (unlike 20.04), it worked perfectly for the basic poky image building.
Then, following i.MX's BSP instructions I am trying to build the imx-image-full for the i.MX7ULP board.
But, when I am doing the build I get this error after 1753 tasks:

ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/workdir/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-qt6/recipes-qt/qt6/qtbase_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I do not understand the error, and even less how to solve it. I downloaded their required host build packages and set up the .sh file correctly...

I have not found any entry on this error either, and I would like to know if there is a way to work around this error or if I should give up on using that environment and I should set up a VM or a different environment using Docker (which I would like to avoid).

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The yocto bsp doesn't include qt6 for MX7, at least you are using L5.15.52 BSP.

Regards

0 Kudos

alvmarti
Contributor I
So, if I am using "imx-5.15.52-2.1.0.xml" as BSP from the manifest, is it normal that I do not have QT6 for the IMX7ULP?
In the i.mx's yocto project user guide it says that imx-image-full doesn't work for IMX7DUAL but it doesn't say anything about IMX7ULP.
0 Kudos