cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded programming tutorials for i.MX35

SZK
Contributor I
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in this whole embedded system world. I am trying to find any tutorial for c programming on i.mx35 pdk with linux 2.6.31 running on it. So I think it will be nice if we can start sharing some sample codes on this forum, I bet this will help a lot of people, especially new embedded programmers like me. Now I know there is Code sharing center in this forum but I just don't have any code to share yet.

As a start for example, what is the best way to access the registers on the i.mx35? For instance, if I want to access the SSI bus, I need to access its registers. How can I write a simple C code to do so? How can I start and what are the files I should include in my code? If anyone has any sample code to access any kind of registers , please I would really appreciate it if you can share at least some tips with me. I already searched the freescale forum but I couldn't find the help I need, but then I found this community forum so I thought that this is where I should first go for help.

Thank you in advance.

Szk
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Szk,

Glad to hear your voice. And any further suggestion regarding how to run the forum better is welcomed. You can find what you want here:

http://opensource.freescale.com/git

0 Kudos

SanjayG
Contributor I

hi eric gregori, this is sanjay... i have seen your website www.EMGRobotics.com its really awesome ... and i need small

help regarding speech recognition in LINUX On i.MX51 or i.MX25 

i'm using Ubuntu 9.04  and i'm trying to implement Speech recognition on the Target i.MX51..

can you please help me in  selecting a speech recognition software (If its a open source it will be fine) for my board and if you have already implemented this on any one fo the i.mX processors with LINUX  ,then help me in doing this.......

0 Kudos

SZK
Contributor I
Hi Eric, In one of your tutorial videos, linux_training_part2F, you mentioned that we can take a look at your LCD code, but for some reason I can't access the website to get the code. If you don't mind, I was wondering if you can provide me with your code. Thank you so much.

eric gregori said:
If you goto www.EMGRobotics.com under the Linux tab, I have posted all the i.MX35 linux training I did last year. I have the training in video and powerpoint formats.
0 Kudos

SZK
Contributor I
Thank you Eric for sharing your videos with me; it is very helpful as a start up tutorial for LTIB installation. Right now, I am trying to write a C code that I will compile and run on the i.MX35. I was able so far to do so except when it comes to dealing with memory and internal registers. Currently my codes don't deal with any memory or interrupts or anything. My main goal is to transfer data to the audio codec pins on the personality board. If I am not mistaken, I need to write the data on the SSI bus with I2S mode enabled. Where do you think I can find a sample C code that shows me how can I deal with internal registers and memory on i.MX35? Thank you so much for all the help. Sam
0 Kudos