cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eink 10.3" not working with IMXEBOOKDC4

econote_vikrant
Contributor III

Greetings!

I have the 10.3" Eink Panel which I am trying to interface with the IMXEBOOKDC4 along with the i.MX7 Sabre Board.
The default screen provided on IMXEBOOKDC4 is working fine, but after changing settings I'm not getting any response on the 10.3" Eink.

I have followed the process of updating Panel configuration and timing settings as follows

1. loaded .fw (converted from NXP only) file in /lib/firmware/imx/epdc/

2. modified the panel configuration settings (received from NXP only) and timing in mxc_epdc_v2_fb.c

3. checked all essential files mentioned  in Linux Reference Manual

4. set the environment in boot process for epdc

=> setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw epdc video=mxcepdcfb:ED060XC5-1CE,bpp=16'
=> saveenv
Saving Environment to MMC...
Writing to MMC(0)... done
=> boot

5. checked pin connections and Voltages of the power supply

Now the issue is the Vcom voltage is -0.98 V which  should be -1.68 V (as printed on Connector) and no change in Eink Panel, not even refresh (Black -> White)  transition at the end of the booting process, I need help for following questions
1. What could be the possible solution

2. Is there any process to change Vcom setting through the command window or in the environment settings? If yes then how to do that?
3. how to modify fbset settings? current fbset settings which are not getting modified

root@imx7dsabresd:~# fbset

mode "1024x758-0"
    # D: 0.025 MHz, H: 0.022 kHz, V: 0.029 Hz
    geometry 1024 758 1024 1536 16
    timings 40000000 12 76 4 5 12 2
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vikrant,

If you are using your own EINK, You can't use it directly.  You should do the conversion of waveform file from .wbf to .fw.  you can send your waveform file to us, we can help to convert it.

please follow below steps and  submit you requirement to us !

Please follow up below steps to submit a case

1. go to SUPPORTHOME, click on "Go to Tickets" in the middle of this page.

http://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

2.Login, Or Register with your business email

3.click on "Add a folder" button in the middle of that page,  to create a new folder which will group your Cases for one same program.

1. click on "Add a new case" button within your folder to start the process.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Weidong Sun

0 Kudos

econote_vikrant
Contributor III

Greetings Wigros Sun‌,

I am using  Eink's 10.3" Panel which I already mentioned in the question above. I also mentioned that I have converted the .wbf file (provided by Eink) to .fw (converted from NXP only). I also provided Timing details for the same to receive panel configuration to include them in the .c file in drivers.
However, I am attaching .wbf file and Timing details once again, please provide me .fw file and panel configurations (to include in the epdc driver) once again.

Thank You!

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vikrant,

See attachment, please!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos