Doc Required to do full disk encryption or a partition using software based DM-Crypt in imx6ull

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Required to do full disk encryption or a partition using software based DM-Crypt in imx6ull

devangdixit
Contributor II

I have gone through some of the available threads in the community and according to that, to do full disk encryption in imx6ull we have to go with the software-based DM-Crypt, as CAAM is unavailable in imx6ull.

Our requirement is that we need to encrypt a particular partition or maybe a full disk, so please share some documents to do so with the imx6ull.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devang

one can look at AN12714  i.MX Encrypted Storage Using CAAM Secure Keys

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

devangdixit
Contributor II

Hi igor,

Thanks for the reply.

I have this doc, but imx6ull doesn't have CAAM.

I have also gone through the below threads:

thread 1 

thread 2

it is indicating that if CAAM is not there we can go for a software-based Dm-Crypt approach.

So it is not very clear from AN12714 doc that how we can use DM-Crypt with software implementation.

Can you guide us on how to encrypt a particular partition or full disk using a software-based DM-Crypt approach?

Our main requirement is that we do not want to give access to a particular partition that is having application-specific data after user login, after login user must perform some steps to read or get access to that data.

Thanks

Devang

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devang

on first page AN12714 there are references to software implementation

1.jpg

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos