Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFI FS200-M53 BOOT HELP!

Jump to solution
mspitz
Contributor I

Hello,

NOOBIE QUESTION

I recently got ahold of a DFI FS200-M53 which uses the i.MX53 freescale chipset. It ships with android, but I wanted to put Ubuntu server on it. There is a special image which I have to install Ubuntu.

When I plug in the board via the OTG USB into windows 7 I get a driver issue says "MX53 SMD Android" not found. I try to open up MFGtool but it doesn't work.

How can I change the OS on this board to Ubuntu?

Please help

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

This is a DFI-ITOX product, please contact them directly for support.

the i.MX53 is capable of booting from an SD card with the correct HW configuration. One solution would be to load the Ubuntu image to the SD, and make the proper HW configuration. to have it boot from there.

MFGTool, is looking for our SABRE tablet, based on i.MX53, that is why you are getting that error. It alswo requires a specific HW configuration to have it in load mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

This is a DFI-ITOX product, please contact them directly for support.

the i.MX53 is capable of booting from an SD card with the correct HW configuration. One solution would be to load the Ubuntu image to the SD, and make the proper HW configuration. to have it boot from there.

MFGTool, is looking for our SABRE tablet, based on i.MX53, that is why you are getting that error. It alswo requires a specific HW configuration to have it in load mode.

0 Kudos