Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crontab/Cronie not working

Jump to solution
toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using iMX6S with Yocto. And my OS does have crontab/cronie. And I don't build that OS image, so I can't modify it. So I did a cross-compile version of cronie. I get a file executable which name crontab. I check and get:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=3d8a5ebf81249e88a8b93badbabf83c8fc1f2b9d, not stripped

I edit it via: $ crontab -e 

@reboot /home/root/loop
*/2 * * * * /home/root/cvtVid2Img

But it's not working. Did I missing something ?

What should I do now ?

Thank you so much,

Toan

Labels (1)
1 Solution
toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

In this case, cross-compile seems like not working. So I built a OS image and compare --> replace. And It works now. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

In this case, cross-compile seems like not working. So I built a OS image and compare --> replace. And It works now. 

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dao,

I’m not very familiar with crontab but Open Embedded does support a Cron daemon for executing programs at set times.

You can add it by adding the cronie package. To do this you may add the following line on the conf/local.conf file inside your build directory:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " cronie "

You can find more information on the recipe description:

https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/zeus/meta/recipes-extended/cronie/cronie_1.5....

or cross-compiled cronie.

Regards

toanjunifer
Senior Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL‌,

Thank you for your reply. Your reply is the same with Missing crontab in Yocto . Your answer is not focus on my question. I mean I cross-compiled cronie and not working at boot, I guess. 

0 Kudos