Change LCD mode (Portrait-->Landscape) via IPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change LCD mode (Portrait-->Landscape) via IPU

jemish_1990
Contributor IV
  • We are working on IMX6 (IMX6 part number: MCIMX6Q6AVT10AD) based product.
  • We are using kernel 3.1.4.28 based on wandboard.
  • In which we are planning to use 240x320 LCD (Part number :KSF0200BCP03DF-1) having driver IC (Part number: ST7789V).
  • LCD is right now working fine with current resolution. For our application and GUI development we want to use Landscape mode instead of Portrait mode (current) mode of LCD.
  • Is there any ready API of IPU which we can use for such functionality?
  • If such API exists will it be applicable for both layers of Primary display (Foreground and Background)? Will be there be any extra load which can affect CPU? or From Power perspective.

Thanks,

Jemish

Labels (3)
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jemish,

On Linux reference manual, the is section about the IPU, here its describe the IPU driver to perform the landscape also comes with its power manegement.

You can download it from:

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|NXP 

jemish_1990
Contributor IV

Hi Alfred,

I am sure that IPU has capability to rotate framebuffer but question is does IPU driver in any kernel of IMX has such support. I have gone through community discussion for this use case and found some patches we are able to rotate framebuffer to 90 degree perfectly. But for our use case we want to rotate both (BG and FG) layers of primary display. So currently I am looking for that. And rather than looking into IPU I am looking at LCD driver IC datasheet which has such support. That will be better solution. So we can close this thread for now. If needed I will create new discussion for our usecase. 

Thanks,

Jemish

0 Kudos