cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVBS analog TV out

LJGonzales
Contributor I

Hi All,

Is there someone who can teach me how to use the CVBS out of i.MX53?

I want to display my application using my NTSC TV.

Hoping for your brilliant ideas. Thank you very much.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi to all, 

in the imx6 if you need analog video outputs you will need to make your own tv encoder or just add one to the paralled output.. 

hope this can help you.

0 Kudos

big_al
Contributor I

Did you get the answer you were looking for? I to am looking for a way to generate a CVBS output, but using the i.MX6..

LJ Gonzales said:

Thank you so much Daiane. This is a great help for me. Hope to hear from you soon for more updates. God bless...
0 Kudos

shanren
Contributor I

hi

refere to <>, the TVE of imx53 supports the NTSC, PAL and component(YPrPb and RGB). TVE has three signal wires(Correspond to tree channels), and they are pin 1, pin 2, pin 3 in VGA interface.

if your board is imx53 qsb and you start android in imx53, you can set imx53 qsb follow as 

set uboot param

setenv bootargs_android 'set bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc0 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,640x480M@60 hdmi di0_primary gpu_nommu, gpu_memory=64M video=mxcdi1fb:YUV444,mxcdi1fb:TV-NTSC tve'
or

setenv bootargs_android 'set bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc0 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,640x480M@60 hdmi di0_primary gpu_nommu, gpu_memory=64M video=mxcdi1fb:YUV444,mxcdi1fb:TV-PAL tve'

after enter android

you can type setprop rw.VIDEO_TVOUT_DISPLAY 1 in your terminal.

so you can play a video and get stand tv singal in VGA pin 3.

i hava some trouble about stand tv too. Do some people know about imx53 supports teletext?

0 Kudos

LJGonzales
Contributor I
Thank you so much Daiane. This is a great help for me. Hope to hear from you soon for more updates. God bless...
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I saw some source code related with CVBS on tve.c (kernel). And there is reference to it on reference manual. The encoder can handle this format.

From schematic I could see any TVE pins are going to VGA connector.

I´m only confused about what connector must me used in order to take the signal out of the board. 

0 Kudos

LJGonzales
Contributor I

Thank you so much Lain for sharing your idea but I need composite not component. Do you know if i.MX53 has composite video out without using additional encoders?

0 Kudos

iafg
Contributor IV

Future Electronics sells a Novtech, NOVPEK development board which includes a Component video out port

http://www.novtech.com/novpek/novpek-imx-53
0 Kudos

LJGonzales
Contributor I

I'm using i.MX53 QSB which I know doesn't have CVBS output. This will be included for future hardware design if ever i.MX53 can support CVBS. I read from i.MX53 reference manual that it has CVBS out but not stated any direction how to use it.

Thank you so much Daiane. I'm very fortunate to have your reply.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
What board are you using?
0 Kudos