Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building X-11 image on i.MX 6Quad Sabre-SD

Jump to solution
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

Hi

i'm following the "Freescale Yocto project User's guide" to build the image x11 on the i.XM 6quad sabre-sd but i'm having issues

I had multiple issues during the "bitbake fsl-image-x11" command that i managed to solved.

When i'm finally reaching the eand (task 4721/4748) i get this error multiple times:

ERROR: QA Issue: non debug package contains .debug directory: qt4-examples path /work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/qt4-x11-free/1_4.8.5-r0/packages-split/qt4-examples/usr/bin/qt4/examples/declarative/cppextensions/referenceexamples/extended/.obj/release-shared/.debug/qrc_extended.o

and at the end of it:

ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.

ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /mnt/Ubuntu/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/qt4-x11-free/1_4.8.5-r0/temp/log.do_package.2921

ERROR: Task 515 (/mnt/Ubuntu/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.8.5.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'

I tried removing all the .o files concerned by hand, but this didn't solve the problem since they are created everytime.

I also tried some solutions found on the internet, like adding some lines in the bb files but this didn't work either.

It's been a week i'm trying to make this work, and i'm all out of ideas.

Thx by advance.

Ce message a été modifié par : Philippe Balleydier

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

I'm not getting any answers on the mailing list.

for your information, i'm building the image on a ntfs partition and i had a lot of permission issues during the bitbake process. So I assume the problem comes from here.

I'm currently creating a ext2/3 partition to build the image on. I'll keep you updated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try posting to meta-fsl-arm mailing list.

0 Kudos
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

I'm not getting any answers on the mailing list.

for your information, i'm building the image on a ntfs partition and i had a lot of permission issues during the bitbake process. So I assume the problem comes from here.

I'm currently creating a ext2/3 partition to build the image on. I'll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

I did solve my problem

Thanks.

ozzyromero
Contributor II

Phillippe,

I too have spent 1 week trying to figure this out.  Can you explain what you did?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

My problem was mainly due to permissions issues. I didn't mount my partition properly. I highly recommend to use Ubuntu 12.04 and to deploy your images on the main partition. This should work like a charm. If you have to mount a partition for some reasons (just like me), make sure your permissions are set correctly

0 Kudos
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

** Modified original post, re-up thread **

0 Kudos