Build I.MX8,fail with bison-3.0.4(fseterr.c)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build I.MX8,fail with bison-3.0.4(fseterr.c)

rupert_liu
Contributor I

I use following command to build I.MX8(all files are pre-downloaded in downloads folder)

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland
bitbake fsl-image-machine-test

Got:

| ../bison-3.0.4/lib/fseterr.c: In function 'fseterr':
| ../bison-3.0.4/lib/fseterr.c:77:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your platform! Look at the definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
| 77 | #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your platform! Look at the definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
| | ^~~~~
| make[2]: *** [Makefile:3366: lib/fseterr.o] Error 1
| make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
| make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/hearing/imx-work/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/build'
| make[1]: *** [Makefile:4379: all-recursive] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/hearing/imx-work/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/build'
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| make: *** [Makefile:2525: all] Error 2
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/hearing/imx-work/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/temp/log.do_compile.269984)
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/hearing/imx-work/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.0.4.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

Does anything matter to this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ubieda
Contributor I

Guys,

I have the same error, I'm on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and am building for `imx6ull14x14evk`. I attached the log for your reference, but it looks very similar to the one by the original post.

Do you guys have plans for adding support on 20.04 LTS? Are there any patches/workarounds we could leverage to get it working?

Best regards,

Ubieda

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yu Liu,

Would you please confirm which BSP Release you are using? The latest BSP Release (L5.4.3) has the bison 3.4.1 release and it’s working correctly.

Also, which Host OS are you using? Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 are the tested OS Hosts and other versions may cause problems.

Regards,

0 Kudos

xuefei
Contributor I

I also got this issue, will you please fix it?

---------------

| gcc -I. -I./lib -I../bison-3.0.4 -I../bison-3.0.4/lib -isystem/data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/include -isystem/data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/include -O2 -pipe -c -o lib/printf.o ../bison-3.0.4/lib/printf.c
| make[2]: *** [Makefile:3366: lib/fseterr.o] Error 1
| make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
| make[2]: Leaving directory '/data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/build'
| make[1]: *** [Makefile:4379: all-recursive] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory '/data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/build'
| make: *** [Makefile:2525: all] Error 2
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| WARNING: /data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/temp/run.do_compile.2109931:1 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/bison-native/3.0.4-r0/temp/log.do_compile.2109931)
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/data/lixf/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.0.4.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 463 tasks of which 443 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

-----------------

cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS \n \l

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

altim_li
Contributor I

I also get this error in ubuntu20.04 use -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.98-2.3.3.xml

0 Kudos

dantacmui
Contributor I

I have the same problem on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, I was having the same problem with m4-native but then found patch file on the Internet and it solved, but there are the same problem with bison

0 Kudos

Shao
Contributor I

I face the same problem

0 Kudos