cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android kitkat building on ubuntu platform

kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to build Andrid kitkat 4.4.2 version on ubuntu 12.04 as well as on ubuntu14.04.On both the platform, i am able to do building and images like boot.img , recovery.img, system.img, u-boot-6dl.bin generated and be in /out folder.

But, the problem is when i coped this images into sd card and trying to boot into sabre-sd board, it is not booting.Pl, guide me.

Best Regards,

Kapil Kumar.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kapil

please try to program images with mfg tools selecting appropriate *.vbs file like

mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-sd.vbs, refer to attached document

sect.4.1.2 Downloading images with MFGTool :

Programmers (Flash, etc.) (12)

i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for kk4.4.2_1.0.0 (REV KK4.4.2_1.0.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi igor

I tried with MFG Tool. No sign of relief. Igor, i have one doubt. Like..

one of my friend downloaded the source code on ubuntu12.04(his system) and also did the building process and later he tried with the created images for booting purpose, he did not faced any problems and it worked fine for him.

Then, i took the same source code from him and tried building on another ubuntu12.04 as well as ubuntu14.04 platform, as per the documents Android  user guide instructions . Successfully , i am able to create all the images, but when started booting , it is not working for me. Nothing is coming on the sabre-sd board screen /hyperterminal.

where is the real problem exist? Pl, help me to sort it out.

For the last couple of months, i am trying this thing but not achieved the required outcome.

For me, it is not possible to download the source code and that is why i asked my friend to give me the source code.

Best Regards,

Kapil

0 Kudos