Android 13 Porting Issue on iMX8MQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 Porting Issue on iMX8MQ

karthick_kkmm__
Contributor I

Currently, we are working on Android 13 porting in an iMX8MQ based EVK.

I downloaded the Android BSP from the NXP website and followed the Android user guide as it is to compile and flash the BSP.
      
The bootup process stopped at "Starting kernel ..." After some time, it started rebooting. The u-boot log is attached here.

Further debugging, We verified the DTB image by comparing the HEX value available @426f0400(by printing the HEX value in u-boot) and dtbo.img (using the HEX editor). It is fine. u-boot moved the image from 0x40480000 to 0x40600000 (debug messages available in the U-boot log). The kernel Image is available @40480000 but not in @40600000. We hope the image was not moved properly and the u-boot stuck at the "armv8_switch_to_el2" function(bootm.c), The exception level transition is not happening properly.
      
For testing, We have hardcoded the kernel address as 0x40480000 and got "Synchronous Abort". Crash log is attached here.

Kindly share your thoughts on this in order to debug further and resolve it. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
22 Replies

pradeep2481
Contributor II

Hi,
Do you have a fix for this issue? I am also facing the same problem. With boot-imx.img, kernel boots and android comes up but with boot.img kernel is not booting. I am using "imx-android-13.0.0_2.2.0".

Best regards,
Pradeep

0 Kudos

karthick_kkmm__
Contributor I

Hi @Zhiming_Liu 

Thanks for the support. We fixed the galcore issue(PMIC regulator for gpu & vpu was not configured properly) now we can able to boot with boot-imx.img(HDMI also up and running, can see the android 13 UI on it).

But unable to boot with boot.img. it stuck after Starting Kernel...  

Can you please share your comments on it.  This will be really helpful to us. 

0 Kudos