Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output and V4L2

Jump to solution
timothybean
Contributor IV

Hello,

I would like to add an analog output to my I.MX6 board. I am a little confused on how this is done in software though. Suppose I use an NTSC encoder like the ADV7343, which has a driver in Linux already, and hook that to the RGB output port. How do I go about configuring that in software. I looked at the source of the driver and it seems to be a V4L2 driver for that device. But, how do I initiate the RGB port to the proper resolutions (704x480) and then *tie* the ADV7343 to that port in the software sense? I mean, is it automatic once I enable to the driver in the kernel, or are there other operations that need to be made for tying these two things together?

I guess I should also specify that I want the user to still be able to use the HDMI port, so it would be selectable on which port they would like to view the video on.

Thanks

Tim

Message was edited by: Timothy Bean

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ethan_cheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX6 supports MIPI, LVDS, Parallel(RGB) and HDMI interface for display.

If the NTSC encoder supports RGB as input interface, you can output RGB data from i.MX6 to NTSC encoder and then NTSC encoder can outputs analog signal as your requirement.

For software view, you need to care about the below

1. Make sure the output RGB data of i.MX6 is correct for the input of NTSC encoder.

2. Right settings for NTSC encoder configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Bean, please click Correct Answer if your question had been answered.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
ethan_cheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX6 supports MIPI, LVDS, Parallel(RGB) and HDMI interface for display.

If the NTSC encoder supports RGB as input interface, you can output RGB data from i.MX6 to NTSC encoder and then NTSC encoder can outputs analog signal as your requirement.

For software view, you need to care about the below

1. Make sure the output RGB data of i.MX6 is correct for the input of NTSC encoder.

2. Right settings for NTSC encoder configuration.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Timothy,

My answer is based on Chun-Yi's reply. So I recommend you should evaluate CH7026 for your requirement.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos