cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a non-supported imx6 BSP layer

yvongrall
Contributor I

Hello,

I aim to build a linux-imx for an Armadeus iMX6 machine (apf6dev_dual), in the BSP Linux 4.1.15_1.2.0 environment (note: while not supported by the FSL Community BSP, Armadeus boards are in the kernel mainline).

Armadeus provides a Yocto BSP layer for its boards, but it has not yet been used in a NXP BSP build environment.

So after initializing the fsl-arm-yocto-bsp with repo, I downloaded and unzipped the meta-armadeus BSP (krogoth branch) within the "sources" sub-directory.

According to the Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide ("8 Creating a Custom Board Configuration"), the next step is to run the command "source setup-environment build". However this command sets up an environment for the default "imx6qsabresd" machine. So i tried instead with the command "MACHINE=apf6dev-dual DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb source ./fsl-setup-release.sh -b build"... but I got the message :

The $MACHINE you have specified (apf6dev-dual) is not supported by this build setup

Q1 : Is is possible/allowed to build a machine of a BSP not supported by the FSL Community BSP ?

Q2 : If it is, how to set up the environment so that this machine is taken into account by the NXP BSP environment ?

Thanks for any help,

-Yvon

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yvon,

It is necessary to create your custom-machine.conf file and put it inside meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine folder.

Please note that the tool you are using is not manufactured by NXP, so for further information about creating .conf file please contact Armadeus Systems.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos