Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About thermal protection in i.MX6DQ.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello. I have questions about thermal protection in BSP L3.14.28_1.0.0.

Some function of thermal protection were implied on L3.14.28_1.0.0.

Ex,

1) Shut down above exceed 105 degrees in thermal_core.c.

2) Reduce the GPU clock exceed 85 degrees in gc_hal_kernel_platform_imx6q14.c.

3) Can't start-up exceed 80 degrees in soc.c of u-boot.

[Q1]

Why is it keeping at this temperature [85C or 80C] about 2), 3)?

[Q2]

Could you tell me the function of thermal protection for the others?

(Ex, Reduce the core clock...)

Best Regards,

Keita Nagashima

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Some thermal protection values are hard-coded in low-level software to prevent the SoC damage (for the point 1) or fast overheating to critical level (for the points 2 and 3). The L3.14.28 BSP also includes the OS-level thermal protection driver. Please refer to the Chapter 26 of attached document for more information on it.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Some thermal protection values are hard-coded in low-level software to prevent the SoC damage (for the point 1) or fast overheating to critical level (for the points 2 and 3). The L3.14.28 BSP also includes the OS-level thermal protection driver. Please refer to the Chapter 26 of attached document for more information on it.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos