cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATDTW bit of USB Command Register

Jump to solution
AtomuHidaka
Contributor I

At USB OTG HOST1 Contoller (Device Mode) of Reference Manual 56.6.18 describes ATDTW (Add dTD TripWire - Read/Write) bit of USB Command Register (USB_USBCMD) is bit-12, at Page 3304. But the source code of linux arcotg and RM of i.MX53 describes it as bit-14.

Which is correct?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Taking into account that USB modules for devices of i.MX series are very similar and are based on the same IP,
it is reasonable to guess that there are misprints in the i.MX50 RM regarding USB Command Register (USB_USBCMD)
in section 56.6.18. Correct description may be found in i.MX53 / 28 / 6 RM(s). I will report about misprints to the doc
team.   Thank for this information !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Taking into account that USB modules for devices of i.MX series are very similar and are based on the same IP,
it is reasonable to guess that there are misprints in the i.MX50 RM regarding USB Command Register (USB_USBCMD)
in section 56.6.18. Correct description may be found in i.MX53 / 28 / 6 RM(s). I will report about misprints to the doc
team.   Thank for this information !

0 Kudos
AtomuHidaka
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,
Thank you for your response. It was very helpful advice. I will refer i.MX53 RM.

Regarding misprints of i.MX50 RM, I have found another following misprints at 56.6.30 Port Status and Control (USB_PORTSC), page 3323.
- The bit map chart is incorrect.
- Bit 28, PTW bit assignment should be 0 and 1. Those are not 1 and 2.

Please send these informations to the doc team, too.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've already reported about the USB_PORTSC to the doc team earlier.

The table “USB_PORTSC field descriptions” is correct, but on the figure the bits

on right side from PFSC in the illustration should be shifted right (1 bit).

Writing PTW bit as 0 selects the   8-bit [60MHz] UTMI interface. 

Writing PTW bit as 1 selects the 16-bit [30MHz] UTMI interface.

AtomuHidaka
Contributor I

Yuri,

OK, Thank you for your notice.

0 Kudos