mx8_ddr_stress_test without UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8/i.MX8X/i.MX8DXL has ddr stress test tool. It is a window UI program.

In some cases, i.MX devices is security closed. Need signed image to run.

Such as unit fail field return analyze, switch new ddr part on existing board.

Attachments
Comments

Hi,

How do you include the DDR Stress Test Script (e.g. MX8QuadXPlus_DualXPlus_B0_DDR3L_RPA_v19.ds) ?

On the GUI you have the option "Load DDR Script" but there is no option to include a .ds script on the PDF instructions. Could you please help? Thanks

nk_narayanan_0-1692105843115.png

The scfw inside the ddr stress tool is build by DDR_CON=ddr_stress_test_parser.

That makes you can load different configuration dynamically. 

BTW, the scfw inside the ddr stress tool should be replaced by the current version being used, which has instructions in the guide. 

The "flash_ddrstress rule" of imx-mkimage is using the same normal scfw as you make a normal flash.bin.

The configuration of ddr is in the scfw, but it could not dynamically be changed.

Because ddr4/lpddr4 is using auto cal/training. The initial parameters are the same. 

All the part from each ddr vendor, which follows the ddr   JEDEC spec.

For example, all the ddr vendor copies the JESD209-4A. 

The only different is size, but we can send command to change the size.

2023-08-16_104818.png

Hi

Thank you for this, we have got this working on our target board.

The target board has one LPDDR4 chip with this configuration (one chip select per channel). We followed your instructions on the PDF and DDR stress test successfully completed.

nk_narayanan_0-1692178884058.png

Is it possible to run the ddr stress test on a target board with the different LPDDR4 configuration as seen below? What will I need to change?

nk_narayanan_0-1692188541392.png

Thanks in advance

The major purpose of mx8_ddr_stress_test without UI is to deal with/analyse the field fail return security close devices. It uses the same ddr configuration of a product device. 

Your question is not very clear to me.  I would like to say, if the ddr stress ui version can do, then without ui also can do. But it cannot load different configuration dynamically. 

Here is Knowledge Base space. I would like to only answer the questions about "mx8_ddr_stress_test without UI". I don't want others feel confused here. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

If you need new configuration for the new ddr hardware configuration. You can use RPA to generate it fits your design. 

Please submit ticket to nxp community. My colleagues will help you. 

100% helpful (1/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎02-15-2022 09:27 PM
Updated by: