i.MX Yocto Project: How can I find out the packages include on an image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the build folder, type

bitbake -g <image> && cat pn-depends.dot | grep -v -e '-native' | grep -v digraph | grep -v -e '-image' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq

where <image> is the image name (e.g. core-image-minimal). In case you want to know if a certain <package> is included on an image, just grep the output

bitbake -g <image> && cat pn-depends.dot | grep -v -e '-native' | grep -v digraph | grep -v -e '-image' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq | grep <package>

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi Leonardo

I am speechless :smileyshocked: Step over the link several times without seeing it.

I only got to bitbake -g <image> and tried to load the .dot files in my Ubuntu 12.04. It hung forever. I opened them in textmode and close it inmediately :smileysilly:

Thank you

Hello again

As forever_newbies we are yet fighting with package names.

We have found useful to add build history to compilation:

INHERIT += "buildhistory"

BUILDHISTORY_COMMIT = "1"

The list of all files included in image and the package-names lists let us see if our try to add a particular file/binary is included without testing the image on the board.

Also we found that spec files seem to list all possible sub-package names in a package source. We do:

cd build/tmp/work

find . \( -name '*.spec'  \) -exec grep "filename" {} \; -print

to look for the sub-package with a particular file.

The problem comes when the package is not included in the image at all. Then its directory does not exist at build/tmp/work. Then we googled and merged the results with this list of existing packages: http://packages.yoctoproject.org/

I don´t know if there are better ways to do it. Maybe somewhere is an index of what package have a particular binary. Maybe not. If anybody knows, feel free to let us know.

Thank you

Hi Diego,

Thanks for sharing those tips. I will definitely include your comments on the main post soon, so people can find it faster.

Leo

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-21-2013 01:23 PM
Updated by: