Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize image on i.MX8M(N/M)

Jump to solution
YoshiDev
Contributor II

Hi all, 

We are looking into porting an old application from an i.MX6 processor to an i.MX8MM or i.MX8MN processor. Currently, we use the IPU on the i.MX6 processor to scale the frames from one resolution to another (potentially higher) resolution in hardware. We also rotate the image. The IPU is no longer available on i.MX8M processors.  How could we achieve similar functionality on a i.MX8M processor? Is the 2D GPU suitable? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @YoshiDev,

I hope you are doing well

One can use Image Sensing Interface (ISI) or Image Signal Processor (ISP) for processing the Image in IMX8.
Generally, the GPU is used for rendering purposes. One can use it according to our application's needs. For more information related to this please refer to Chapter 14 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) from the reference manual.

More information about the IMX8 series is given in the below document.

i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors Multicore Arm® Cortex® Processors

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @YoshiDev,

I hope you are doing well

One can use Image Sensing Interface (ISI) or Image Signal Processor (ISP) for processing the Image in IMX8.
Generally, the GPU is used for rendering purposes. One can use it according to our application's needs. For more information related to this please refer to Chapter 14 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) from the reference manual.

More information about the IMX8 series is given in the below document.

i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors Multicore Arm® Cortex® Processors

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada
0 Kudos