cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download Code to NHS3152 Chip After NHS31xx Downloader Update

ekdus
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been using LPCXpresso v. 8.2.2_650 to code and successfully download to an NHS3152 chip using the NHS31xx Downloader on my mobile device. Everything was working fine until the NHS31xx Downloader application was updated. Now, it seems that I am unable to download the code to the NHS3152 chip anymore.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version of the NHS31xx Downloader application? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

   

0 Kudos
9 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

At what point in the download does the error appear?

Just to confirm, is your device flashed with the NHS31xx NFC program loader firmware (app_closed_nfcprogramloader from the SDK) before trying to update the image with the mobile application?

nfcprogramloader is a one-time program downloader, when another firmware is flashed by the NFC program loader app or via SWD,  nfcprogramloader is overwritten and NFC flashing functionality is lost.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

ekdus
Contributor I

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you so much for your help. The download error occurs when I connect the chip to the antenna PCB and try to download a program (BIN file from the app) to the chip. Please refer to the attached video for more details.

I'm not an expert, so I would appreciate a more detailed explanation if possible. Here is what I do: I code in LPCXpresso v. 8.2.2_650 and then click 'Build 'app_demo_dp_tlogger' [Debug] to build the project. After that, I use the BIN file(app_demo_dp_tlogger) generated to download it to the chip via my mobile phone. Everything worked perfectly before the application was updated, but ever since the app changed, I keep getting an error.

Please help me out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Just to clarify, when you mention "Everything worked perfectly before the application was updated, but ever since the app changed, I keep getting an error", are you referring to the application running in the mobile phone? Or are you referring to the application that is being loaded to the NHS?

I first flashed the one-time downloader app_closed_nfcprogramloader.bin from the SDK to the NHS via SWD, then I tested the procedure by using NHS31xx NFC Program Loder (Android 14), v2.0 (24/Nov/2021) and app_demo_dp_tlogger.bin.

After this, the procedure is working as expected.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

ekdus
Contributor I

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your response. I wanted to clarify my previous message. The application I was referring to is the mobile app (NHS31xx Downloader), not the application running on the NHS3152 chip.

I am not trying to use the NHS3152 chip on the board directly. Instead, I want to download a BIN file to a separate NHS3152 chip. To do this, I connect the chip to the antenna part of the board and then use the mobile app to perform the download.

This process worked perfectly before the mobile app was updated. However, ever since the app changed, I have been encountering errors. I've attached images of my setup for your reference.

Could you please help me understand what might be going wrong? I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As mentioned in AN12328 (included in NHS3152 SDK), Wireless flashing requires external supply connected to VBAT. Flashing is not possible on VNFC supply only. The start condition is an NHS31xx IC which is physically connected to an external battery and an NFC antenna.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

ekdus
Contributor I

Thank you for your previous response. I understand that according to AN12328, external battery connection to VBAT is required for wireless flashing. However, I wanted to clarify that I have successfully performed wireless flashing on the NHS3152 chip before without connecting an external battery.

I have attached a video showing the previous successful attempt without an external battery connection.

Could you please help me understand why it worked before and if there might be any other issues causing the current problem?

Thank you for your continued support.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

An NHS31xx IC cannot be flashed reliably on NFC power only since power for flash operations is pulled from the VDDBAT line.

For a proper functioning of your setup, please make sure you meet the requirements and operation conditions stated in NHS31xx documentation.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

ekdus
Contributor I

Thank you for the clarification. I understand that external power is necessary for reliable flashing.

Could you please guide me on how to connect an external power source to the NHS31xx chip while it is connected to the antenna? Specifically, I would like to know the best way to connect the VDDBAT line to an external battery or power source in my setup.

Any detailed instructions or references to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can find the schematics of NHS3152 Demo PCB inside NHS3152 SDK > docs > NHS Demo PCB > NHS3152DB for your reference.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos