QN9021 Binary Files Documentation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9021 Binary Files Documentation?

abhishekarora
Contributor II

I have been working on QN9021 BLE SoC solution of NXP. I found few pre-compiled files under QBlue/QN9020/QBlue-1.3.9/BinFiles_B2. I am looking for documentation of these files. I am also interested in running QN9021 in controller mode. Can someone direct me in finding correct binary files for it? Is HCI provided by these binary files standard? Can i integrate it with Host protocol stack running in Linux system (via BlueZ) via HCI interface?

Tags (2)
4 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abhishek,

Could you please take as reference the Readme.txt file, it describe the bin files and the BLE examples.
C:\QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\BLE

For a better reference could you please take a look for the Software Developer’s Guide

http://cache.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10995.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1 

And the Easy ACI User Guide

C:\QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Documents

Hope it helps.

Let me know if you have another question

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

abhishekarora
Contributor II

Can you comment on integrating QN with bluez?

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhisek,

We support all BLE HCI Commands.

Please refer to the following post for more info https://community.nxp.com/thread/382130 

Cheers,

Antonio

abhishekarora
Contributor II

Hi Antonio,

I have tried to integrate Qn9021 with bluez stack and i get to know that many commands are not supported by QN9021 which are required by Bluez linux bluetooth stack. One of this command is Read Device Class. Yes, i have gone through Qn9020 documentation and came accross the list of supported commands.

Can you guide us how to add support for some non-supported commands for QN9021. Also, if you have any driver for Qn9021 which can help us in integrating it with bluez, please provide us those drivers/kernel modules.

0 Kudos