cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV5190B does not work

Jump to solution
a_ki
Contributor I

After loading BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_8.bin from "load secondary firmware" on the Extra tab of NFC Cockpit, PNEV5190B cannot be operated from NFC Cockpit.
What should I do to restore it to its original state?

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
3 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @a_ki :

whenever a flashing of FW (the K82 FW or the PN5190 FW) is being interrupted, then of course afterwards there is no valid FW flashed, and the board does not work anymore.

The recovery is fairly simply though.

Use MCUXpresso (MCUXpresso Integrated Development Environment (IDE)) and import the package of PN5190 Secure Firmware Downloader (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SW6592).

The detailed steps of installing and importing can be found here: PNEV5190B evaluation board quick start guide

There is no extra linker being required, since our board supports the OpenSDA (using the second available USB connector).

With this example, a valid PN5190 FW can be flashed.

When done, flash the K82 FW for the NFC Cockpit, e.g. the BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_8.bin from

c:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v6.5.x.x\firmware\Secondary_PN5190\K8x\

Afterwards, everything must be running again with NFC Cockpit.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
a_ki
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 

Thank you very much for your help.

Would it be correct to refer to "4 PN5190 secure firmware update" in the PNEV5190B evaluation board quick start guide?

In section 4.3.1 of that chapter, it says "It is required to set up the system comprising the PNEV5190B evaluation board and LPC-Link2 or Segger J-Link, as shown in the figure below."
I would like to obtain the LPC-Link, but it is difficult.
Please let me know if there is any other board other than your LPC-Link that can solve this trouble.

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @a_ki 

I am using MCU-Link Debug Probe, it is also OK.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/mcu-link-debug-probe:MCU-LINK

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos